Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DHA No commitment

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

Ok for this promo I understand there's a $99 up front fee, you do the credit score check, have to have a valid credit/debit card and you don't get any promotional pricing. The benefit is you don't have to pay for your equipment or installation plus you can come and go as you please with no commitment or early term fees that come along with the commitment. Ok the thing I can't seem to nail down is I have someone that wants it put in their vacation house and he's there for a week here and there during the summer and then five months over the winter. He wants to know if there's any kind of "on hold" fees and or reactivation fees for when he's not using the service and then turning it back on. I used to be able to find this info on Dish's site but I can't seem to find it now, I seem to remember it cost something like $5/mo to have an acct on hold and/or $25 to have it turned back on after having it on hold for a while, but I have to admit it's been a long time since i've signed anyone up with that promo and i'm having trouble finding anything confirming on dishnetwork.com so i'm hoping maybe someone here knew the answers. Thanks.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:35 PM

Yes, call or chat to ask about Dish Pause.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#3 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:38 AM

Ok I spoke to someone and was told the only fees involved are a $10/mo fee if you lease the equipment (which is what I was describing above) or $5/mo fee if you own the equipment to have your dish on pause. Also you can't have it on pause for more than 6 mos, if you do it's automatically reactivated.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#4 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:11 AM

If you are a retailer, you may want to speak to Retail Services as well. If a DHA customer puts his account on pause during the first year of services and especially in the first 180 days, you may see some substantial chargebacks.
Chargebacks are usually reversed once the customer takes his account off pause but it can still be a bit of a nuisance.

#5 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:06 PM

If you are a retailer, you may want to speak to Retail Services as well. If a DHA customer puts his account on pause during the first year of services and especially in the first 180 days, you may see some substantial chargebacks.
Chargebacks are usually reversed once the customer takes his account off pause but it can still be a bit of a nuisance.

Yep, we're aware of this, luckily these are few and far between so it's not that big of a deal, but thanks for the "heads up".

Protected By... spam firewall...And...