Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

2010 World Cup Soccer - Discussion

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:27 PM

With the World Cup starting 6/11/10 we can talk about the games here. Go Italy

JACK,

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Chandu

Chandu

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:36 PM

BAN THE VUVUZELAS!!!!

Go USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat England!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:41 PM

I would love to see the USA go deep in the tourney

JACK,

#4 OFFLINE   Chandu

Chandu

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

Thx! Realistically, they've got a shaky backline and somewhat inexperienced forwards, but a good midfield and good goalkeeper. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to move out of their group, anything after that is too early to say.

More than anything, I'm worried about the noise of vuvuzelas ruining a tournament. (Talking about the entire tournament as a whole, not just USA.) Something must be done quickly to deal with this menace. Maybe only allow them in matches involving South Africa?!?!?

#5 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,827 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:11 PM

Posted Image
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#6 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

Posted Image

Great logo

JACK,

#7 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,827 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

Great logo

Got to support my family lines...Mom was born in Germany on a U.S. base to my German grandmother & U.S. Army grandfather.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#8 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:32 PM

Got to support my family lines...Mom was born in Germany on a U.S. base to my German grandmother & U.S. Army grandfather.

Cool

JACK,

#9 OFFLINE   Chandu

Chandu

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hmm, so that doesn't make it an American family line? :confused:

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,827 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hmm, so that doesn't make it an American family line? :confused:

Grandmother was full blooded German and not American till after marrying my Grandfather. Mom was considered American due to birth on a U.S. base.

#11 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

Here is another

Attached Thumbnails

• logo_italy.gif

JACK,

#12 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 03:19 PM

One more day and let the games begin.

JACK,

#13 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

"IF" US Soccer makes it to the 2nd round who here thinks that is a successful World Cup?

#14 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

Not good enough

JACK,

#15 OFFLINE   whitey2755

whitey2755

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:21 PM

I certainly am not trying to offend, just understand (I am the anti Fox-News). I just don't get how anyone making their living and/or supporting their family in the USA can cheer for anyone other than the Americans. Fact is, we ALL came from somewhere else (actually, if you want to get technical, we all came from Africa). Just my two cents. GO USA!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• us.jpg

He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.

-- Benjamin Franklin (paraphrased)

#16 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

Lots of People discovered Soccer, by watching other nations, in the World Cup or by watching professional soccer from other countries. US Soccer wasn't something to watch when I was growing up.

US Soccer, is getting better, will be pulling for them all the way. I am a realist, I don't have them getting out of the 2nd round, I would love to be proved wrong...., I grew up watching German and English Soccer, and will be pulling for Germany this year again. I respect how Soccer is played in some Nations(most Euro leagues), despise how it is played by other nations(read flopping Brazil, Arg, a few others. Plus if Decco dives like he did last time, Portugal shouldn't be allowed back)

Nothing wrong with pulling for countries you 1st started following, more than one way to develop loyalty to a team.

#17 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:00 AM

Go Nigeria!!! Argentina is going down tomorrow
South Africa did a good job with the first goal of the Tournament wish they had won the match though
Nigeria.jpg

Edited by naijai, 12 June 2010 - 07:36 AM.

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#18 OFFLINE   Chandu

Chandu

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

I was disappointed in that moron color guy on ESPN Efan Ekoku claiming Mexico had a valid goal incorrectly ruled as offside. I wished a world class PBP guy Martin Tyler could've told him to shut up. Or he should've taught him the rule about the sport he claims to be an expert of.

South African goalkeeper was "ahead" of the last Mexican forward when pass on that play occurred. Therefore there needed to be yet another South African player to be behind last Mexican forward, other than their lone defender rooted on the goal line at the far post. Even an AYSO level referee or linesman is supposed to have this basic knowledge. Efan Ekoku claims to have played in the English Premiership and worn Nigeria shirt at the top level, and he doesn't even know that? It's hard to take anything he says seriously anymore for me, for future match telecasts.

Edited by Chandu, 20 June 2010 - 05:42 PM.

#19 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

I was disappointed in that moron color guy on ESPN Efan Ekoku claiming Mexico had a valid goal incorrectly ruled as offside. I wished a world class PBP guy Martin Tyler could've told him to shut up. Or he should've taught him the rule about the sport he claims to be an expert of.

South African goalkeeper was "ahead" of the last Mexican forward when pass on that play occurred. Therefore there needed to be yet another South African player to be behind last Mexican forward, other than their lone defender rooted on the goal line at the far post. Even an AYSO level referee or linesman is supposed to have this basic knowledge. Efan Ekoku claims to have played in the English Premiership and worn England shirt at the top level, and he doesn't even know that? It's hard to take anything he says seriously anymore for me, for future match telecasts.

What is really, really, really sad about that play call, and even the complaints by the Mexican players at half time, was both my Daughters, started to laugh at just how stupid the announcer was. Both play goalie and Forwards and since the day they started playing 11 v 11, I have coached that VERY trap(thanks to watching the Paraguay team), with pulling the goalie off the line, and putting a defender on the back line that can boot the ball a mile.

Kids couldn't believe that somebody that is a supposed ex-pro player could miss a trap that has been taught to players since the age of 12 and up. I switched over to Univsion, but went back to ESPN as the PQ was better on ESPN. Sound is better on Univision, but the announcers kept on whining about the call.

#20 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 02:10 PM

Go Nigeria!!! Argentina is going down tomorrow
South Africa did a good job with the first goal of the Tournament wish they had won the match though

South Africa looked pretty good I was impressed

JACK,

spam firewall