Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

? on what types of wireless ethernet adapters i can use for HR24

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Falcons98

Falcons98

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

can someone tell me what kind of wireless ethernet adapters i can use for the HR24 receiver?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,993 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 07 June 2010 - 05:59 PM

The HR2X and H21/22/24 receivers all have built on support for the Linksys WGA600N adapter. However, if you're planning to use it for Multi Room Viewing it's highly recommend that you don't and look into using DECA/Connected Home for the networking.

DECA uses the same coax cable that's used for connecting the receivers to the dish for the network connection and the HR24/H24's have the DECA adapter built into them. Look at the Connected Home subforum here for more info.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

The cost of a DECA install is about $20 more then the wireless adapter would be.... and that would cover all your equipment, not just the one.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

The HR2X and H21/22/24 receivers all have built on support for the Linksys WGA600N adapter.

These will work nicely. I have a couple that I happen not be be using. ;)

#5 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,876 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

The cost of a DECA install is about $20 more then the wireless adapter would be.... and that would cover all your equipment, not just the one.

I agree with this on a couple of points.

IMHO, if someone is just putting together a network for MRV, DECA is a much better option; especially considering future DirecTV hardware.

At the very least I would recommend a wired network. It ensures the best possible MRV perfromance.

My 2¢ FWIW. :)

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#6 OFFLINE   reubenray

reubenray

Godfather

• Registered
  • 441 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

Has anyone else had trouble getting the WGA600N to work with the HR24? I have tried the connect several times, but it keeps coming right back again to connect.

#7 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:39 AM

Has anyone else had trouble getting the WGA600N to work with the HR24? I have tried the connect several times, but it keeps coming right back again to connect.

There's some good information on that topic here:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ghlight=WGA600N
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

Protected By... spam firewall...And...