Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DECA box gets really hot!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jammasterd

Jammasterd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

My HR-22 was having some PQ issues(pixelization and pausing) so I decided to check the connections behind the box.

The DECA box was really hot and the coax cable f connector going "Towards" the LNB was so hot , I could only touch it for 5 seconds. The other f connection was warm.

I don't like a hot box like this laying on my wood furniture.
I'm somewhat concerned.

EDIT: found this http://www.dbstalk.c...p/t-177462.html

Edited by Jammasterd, 07 June 2010 - 09:05 PM.

Stay Thirsty my Friends!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,653 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

My HR-22 was having some PQ issues(pixelization and pausing) so I decided to check the connections behind the box.

The DECA box was really hot and the coax cable f connector going "Towards" the LNB was so hot , I could only touch it for 5 seconds. The other f connection was warm.

I don't like a hot box like this laying on my wood furniture.
I'm somewhat concerned.

EDIT: found this http://www.dbstalk.c...p/t-177462.html

Since there is a post of mine in there, seems like the same thing with you. I just grabbed mine again and while it isn't "cool", at the same time I can hold on to the connector and not find it "too hot to hold on to".
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   Jammasterd

Jammasterd

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:24 PM

I'm just afraid the the warm-hot connector could melt some other wire behind the box, say the power cord.
Stay Thirsty my Friends!

#4 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,653 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

I'm just afraid the the warm-hot connector could melt some other wire behind the box, say the power cord.

"My hand" says that won't happen.
Whatever could melt, would have to have a fairly low melting point.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:35 AM

actually sounds as if this one may be hotter then others, others say they could could hold it.
Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

spam firewall