Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Moving to Uverse from DirecTV

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Dave from Kazoo

Dave from Kazoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:55 PM

I had Direct TV from 1999 till March of 2010. We moved from a 3 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom apt. I decided not to fork out the extra $250.00 deposit(for any damges to the building) to have Direct TV installed at the time of the move. I added up all my bills, Direct TV, Phone(AT&T), DSL(At&t 1.2 down) and with going to U-verse I saved about $50.00 a month. PQ - looks about the same(HD) my son has 42" Samsung and he would complain. Would I go back to Direct TV ..... maybe or maybe not. More HD channels(full time) then Direct TV. 3rd provider at my location Dish - haven't tried it. 4th provider Charter cable and HD is bad, few HD channels and priced to high.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   tkrandall

tkrandall

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

You can get an HR24 for less than 199 at costco, overstock, and several other places.
Id really go that route, but hey, you can suspend your directv account and try Uverse, but I dont think you will be happy with it.

HR24s are at Costco????? Since when?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...