Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"The Good Guys" Recording Stopped Half Way Through: Progress Bar Shows All The Way

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jschmuck2

Jschmuck2

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

Weird thing this morning. I was going to watch "The Good Guys" on Fox last night and although the progress bar on my HR23 was fully "red," indicating that the whole show had recorded, halfway through watching it, it skips back to the very beginning of the show.

Which sucks :(

Has anyone had that problem before? None of my other shows seem to be affected, although they've all been half hour shows. Corrupted guide data, maybe? I know there have been a few people dealing with that issue today ;)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hobie346

hobie346

Icon

• Registered
  • 680 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:01 PM

Has anyone had that problem before? None of my other shows seem to be affected, although they've all been half hour shows. Corrupted guide data, maybe? I know there have been a few people dealing with that issue today ;)

I think it more than just a few people. It's made the top line in a number of news groups.

What time did the recording start? If it was early AM then it's a good bet that the guide data bug might have caused your recording problem.

#3 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:03 PM

Best thing that could have happened to that show. :D

#4 OFFLINE   LadyBadger

LadyBadger

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:20 AM

The same thing happened to us yesterday in SE Wisconsin. We were watching "Lie to Me", recorded Monday night on Fox. When we got to the halfway point, it jumped back to the beginning. Numerous tries got the same results even though the entire show was recorded. We finally got to see the whole program by skipping to the end and rewinding back to the middle. :confused:

Both of our HD DVRS were affected by the DirecTV glitch yesterday but, after resetting a couple of times each, both seem to be working OK.

Linda - DirecTV subscriber since June 1996

#5 OFFLINE   MRinDenver

MRinDenver

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

Wow, I totally agree! My wife and I made it to the first commercial break.

Bow wow!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man’s religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -- Mark Twain

#6 OFFLINE   Gary*W*

Gary*W*

Legend

• Registered
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 08:19 AM

I watched "Nurse Jackie" on Showtime HD (east) live on Monday night and all was fine but last night when my Wife tried to watch recording it got about 10 min. in and jumped back to beginning. I can jump past the spot and watch what follows but still missed a minute or two of the show. The same issue occurred with Monday night's recording of "Saving Grace" on TNT HD. All recordings before Monday night are fine and all recordings last night were fine also.

#7 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,793 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:16 AM

Weird thing this morning. I was going to watch "The Good Guys" on Fox last night and although the progress bar on my HR23 was fully "red," indicating that the whole show had recorded, halfway through watching it, it skips back to the very beginning of the show.

Which sucks :(

What most likely happened is that you lost signal while it was recording. The HR's, unlike the TiVo's, show a completed bar for recording time regardless of how much was actually recorded. I've seen it happen a few times myself. Sometimes you even get a pop up message at the beginning of the recording saying not all of it recorded due to loss of signal, but not always.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#8 ONLINE   bidger

bidger

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

Wow, I totally agree! My wife and I made it to the first commercial break.

Bow wow!

I don't think I made it five minutes into the show. It puts the "ew" in "stewpid".

Ceton 6 tuner eth, Cisco Tuning Adapter 1520, TWC Digital Explorer Pak and Standard Internet, TiVo HD (upgraded to 500 GB) for OTA,TC-P50U50, SONY NSZ-GT1 BD player and Google TV box, Yamaha RX-V373 A/V receiver, Squeezebox Duet music streaming device, Xbox 360 

spam firewall