Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free HBO/Showtime for 3 months Problem?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   finniganps

finniganps

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:38 PM

So I wanted to get the above promotion by going to paperless billing. I called last month and they said I needed to wait until early June because I had it last year and needed to wait a year. So I call back today and they said I couldn't get it because I had it once last year. I explained that I had been told I could get it and was then told that I could no longer get it.....has anyone succeeded in convincing them to give you the promotion with similar facts and if so how did you do it? I know I could call back and try again....but I'd like to hear from someone who may have succeeded already.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Conway

Conway

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:34 AM

I called and pointed out to them it was for existing customers on the website.. They insisted the promotion was not available and that it expired 5/31.. I have not decided if I am going to call back or not..
Bring On More HD!

#3 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 990 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

I had called about 2 months ago and they told me the same thing. I pressed and he said because I was a preferred customer (whatever that means) that he could give me 1 month of HBO. I took it as I wanted to record the series "The Pacific" so I was able to get all 10 episodes and I wound up paying for an additional 2 weeks of HBO plus the downgrade charge. I knew all that going in but really wanted that series so it was worth it.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#4 OFFLINE   Conway

Conway

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

Looking today the existing offers section has vanished from Dishnetwork's website..
Bring On More HD!

#5 OFFLINE   Conway

Conway

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

I got dish in a chat again asking about the promotion. I took advantage of the hbo/starz offer back in 2008. That is the last promotion I have participated in and dish tells me I do not qualify because I took advantage of that promotion. It's almost like dish allows customer to only take advantage of one promotion. I hear mixed results but it's been almost two years since the last time I took advantage of any promo's with premiums.
Bring On More HD!

#6 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

All previous promotions expired on 6/4/2010, when the new "HD for Life" promotion went into effect.

All promotions are "for a limited time." And while a rep may tell you that you can "sign up next year" because, at the time, there isn't anything that would prevent you from doing so, that doesn't mean that things won't change in the future. And in this case, they have. There is a new promotion available (even to existing customers), so the old one is no longer valid.

#7 OFFLINE   finniganps

finniganps

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:27 AM

Yeah, I gave up. I did sign up for HD for life online (will save me $10/mo).

#8 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

This explains the problems I was having trying to sign up for it on the web site a few days ago. :mad:
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

spam firewall