Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Really weird sports blackout related issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

Ok, my wife is a huge basketball fan and has always follwed the Tenessee Lady Vols. As many of their players are now in the WNBA, she actually likes to watch a WNBA game now and again.

Last night, she tried to watch the Phoenix Mercury-LA Sparks game on 694 (we do have the Sportspack) at 10:30 eastern. When she tuned it, it said it was blacked out and it tried to find it with Gamesearch, but could not. In checking it seems the WNBA games are often blacked out on the sports pack channels, so we watched something we had recorded.

However, when we were done about 50 mintues later, it dropped out to live TV and bam, the game was on. We figured that it did eventually find it with Gamesearch, but it turns out it was still channel 694. We watched for a minute or two and realized it was behind live (at first we figured that they delayed the start due to the NBA finals, but on hitting play, we saw the delay was 45-50 minutes.

My wife hit play agai (I think, but I am not 100% sure) to make the bar go away and then the picture froze and the bar started moving in 1 minutes increments until it got to "live", repeating several times. The single Play triangle was visible. The picture never changed and no button presses did anything. We tried lots of things, but I finally got it to change to another channel. Hitting previous went right back to the same thing.

After a couple of glitch filled issues getting to two channels we could receive, I finally went back to 694 and got the blackout message.

Did the box just take a complete dump and start ignoring the blackout or did DirecTV's system do something wierd? This could well be some 1 in a million thing and no one has ever seen anything like this so I doubt I will get too much in the way of responses. This was an HR20-100 and one thing I can be sure of, it was recently rebooted. ;) Three times yesterday to be precise. :lol:

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall