Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

wireless streaming to dtv hr24-500

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Legend

• Registered
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

can anyone advise me of a lower end price ($600) refurbished pc that i could use with tversity to stream wireless to dtv hr24-500. my wireless router is a netgear wnr2000. or maybe suggest a configeration. i know someone that can build one for me? thanks, larry

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,101 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

can anyone advise me of a lower end price ($600) refurbished pc that i could use with tversity to stream wireless to dtv hr24-500. my wireless router is a netgear wnr2000. or maybe suggest a configeration. i know someone that can build one for me? thanks, larry

A few years ago, I bought a refurbished HP Pavillion (AMD Athlon 2 2.6 GHz) from NewEgg for $359 (no monitor) and it has worked fine with Tversity. Here's an equivalent for the same price: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883147294.

#3 OFFLINE   Pamela Tex Gal

Pamela Tex Gal

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:15 AM

I bought an inexpensive MB/RAM/CPU combo on ebay, stuffed it in an inexpensive box w/power added an HD on sale and installed Windows Home Server ($99). HD and WHS was bought at Frys.com. Tversity works fine on WHS

#4 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:23 AM

I would simply say that wireless is not a terribly good technology for HD streaming. It may work for you, but I'd be wary of spending too much money.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   lartomar2002

lartomar2002

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:00 PM

i just ordered a hp. can anyone help with optimizing the tversity settings. these are the specs for my machine:
Processor Type: Intel Core i3-530
Hard Drive Size: 1 TB
Processor - Clock Speed: 2.93 GHz
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Monitor Size: N/A
Graphics Type: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD
Resolution: N/A
System Ram: 6 GB
thanks in advance. larry

Protected By... spam firewall...And...