Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Shenandoah Valley area Virginia with HR-24's!!!!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cole46_51

cole46_51

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

Tech just left my house a little bit ago with my new install and left 2 pretty new out the box HR-24's. Said they just got them in about 2 weeks ago and he had about another 10 or so on his truck! Company was DirectSat USA (u can google them) out of Verona and they service Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro and the other smaller towns in the area, so if your getting a new install or upgrading good chance they'll be the one's doing it and I confirm they do have them! Good luck!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   LameLefty

LameLefty

I used to be a rocket scientist

• Registered
  • 12,158 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:10 PM

Congrats! I love mine - wish I had three or four more for the rest of my house too. :P

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Directv since 1997
Will Work for Beer

#3 OFFLINE   vthokies1996

vthokies1996

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

Is it possible to upgrade existing HD-DVRs to HR-24s?

Currently I have an HR21-100 and an HR21-200. I forgot to ask when I was on the phone with them the other evening. They did mention that I was eligible for 2 upgrades, whatever that meant.

#4 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

Is it possible to upgrade existing HD-DVRs to HR-24s?

You can upgrade at anytime if you are willing to pay the retail amount (around $199) for an HR24. Directv does not guarantee the model number if you order through them.

:)

#5 OFFLINE   cole46_51

cole46_51

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:24 AM

yes, u can't garentee you will get an HR-24, my post was merely to inform people in my area that the HR-24's are here. Good luck too all!

Edited by cole46_51, 10 June 2010 - 12:09 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   LongJon

LongJon

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:34 AM

I'm not too far down I-81 from you, and we have DirectSat as well. My installer from 2+ years ago was with Ironwood, so I'm not sure what happened to them. I have had no complaints with the Ironwood installer and the one service call from DirectSat I've had.

I had an issue a couple weeks ago that ended up being a surge protector, but the tech swapped out my "huge" H21 for an H24 first as well as my LNB gratis just to see if that was the issue. The footprint on this is so small, and its much more responsive. I actually have a DVR upgrade scheduled in about a week, and I'm hoping to get the HR24 as well. Fingers crossed!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...