Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV Install Question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   futurerebeldr

futurerebeldr

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:42 PM

The D* guy came out and installed all of the necessary DECA's today to get my system up and running. Everything seems to be working but I had a question about the way he hooked it up. If you look at the diagram I included, he is running the DECA cloud over the same line that the SWM supplies power to the LNB over. Is this a supported configuration for D* installs? I was under the impression that this would cause signal issues for the MRV system.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

That's fine.

#3 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

The D* guy came out and installed all of the necessary DECA's today to get my system up and running. Everything seems to be working but I had a question about the way he hooked it up. If you look at the diagram I included, he is running the DECA cloud over the same line that the SWM supplies power to the LNB over. Is this a supported configuration for D* installs? I was under the impression that this would cause signal issues for the MRV system.

Looks to be by the book to me. :)
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#4 OFFLINE   futurerebeldr

futurerebeldr

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

Also, they did not change out the SWM splitter for one with a green label. After reading a lot about the importance of the green labeled splitters on here, should I call D* and ask about changing this?

#5 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

Also, they did not change out the SWM splitter for one with a green label. After reading a lot about the importance of the green labeled splitters on here, should I call D* and ask about changing this?

YES!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...