Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Calling Unlisted # Even When Bill Paid Early!

l641

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

You asked if you can sue so check out the link below.

http://www.usattorne...aid-Nevada.html

Free Legal Aid NEVADA

Nevada residents are eligible for free legal aid services based on household income and number of people living in the client's household.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jgoggan

jgoggan

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

I'd call Dish -- give them your phone number (NOT your account number) and ask them to tell you your balance. See if they find someone else's account.

Another option -- if they only find your account -- instead of having your BANK auto-pay Dish, have DISH do AutoPay FROM your bank. It sounds like, currently, you are NOT using Dish autopay -- but are instead just having the bank auto-pay your bill. Turn it around so that Dish AutoPay is enabled -- and then they have no argument for saying that you paid late or have an outstanding balance.

- John...

#23 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

You have indicated that this has been going on for awhile. I would recommend the following.
1. Check your Bill Pay system and see when you bill was paid for each of the last 6 months.
2. Call Dish and have them tell you when they received payment for each of the last 6 months.
This should tell you whether they are receiving payment on time or not. Once you have this information, you are equipped to send a note to CEO@Dishnetwork.com and present your case.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#24 OFFLINE   BobS

BobS

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

Actually, you have the right to tell any and all bill collectors to stop contacting you. I wouldn't recommend it, and think it would be a better idea to talk to them and explain what's going on, however.

3rd Party collectors, yes. The original creditor is not bound by that provision of the FDCPA although there are other limitations the debtor can impose.

#25 OFFLINE   thomas_d92

thomas_d92

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:33 AM

I also receive a call a week from Dish that my bill is past due. The only problem with that is that I have Directv and have not had Dish for over 5 years.

#26 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:45 AM

I also receive a call a week from Dish that my bill is past due. The only problem with that is that I have Directv and have not had Dish for over 5 years.

Have you called and checked that you don't have an outstanding balance? Or have you changed phone numbers in the interim?
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#27 OFFLINE   thomas_d92

thomas_d92

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

I just got a new number when I switched to Clearwire voice from Vonage . They ask for a different person then me . It is always a recorded message, if there is ever a live person on the line I would tell them the person they are trying to contact does not have the number any longer.

#28 OFFLINE   janeslogin

janeslogin

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

:confused:Dear Coldsteel -

NOT LATE ON BILLS - SET UP BANK ESPECIALLY TO PAY DISHNETWORK >EARLY< TO AVOID THIS TYPE OF CALL.

-kj

I once rented an apartment and they always sent me a rude demand via USPS whenever the rent was paid early. Could it be some bookkeeping software package just cannot handle an early payment?

spam firewall