Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Swm8, green label splitter & bandstop filter

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr

Legend

• Registered
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

I have a SWM8 switch already installed with a 4 way splitter (white label). If I add DECA and get a green label 4 way splitter do I need a bandstop filter at all?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

I have a SWM8 switch already installed with a 4 way splitter (white label). If I add DECA and get a green label 4 way splitter do I need a bandstop filter at all?

You should add one.
"Need to" maybe not, since several/many aren't using them.
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

Yes. You need a bandstop filter between the splitter and the SWM8.

#4 OFFLINE   hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:34 PM

Thanks. Are they directional? In other words, the filter looks like a connector on 1 end and a box on the other end. Should the end with the box (filter) be:

SWM8 >> End with box >> connector >> splitter

Or

SWM8 >> connector >> end with box >> splitter

#5 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:42 PM

The BSF connectes to the splitter, and the line from the SWM connects to the BSF.

#6 OFFLINE   hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

So they aren't directional and it doesn't matter if the switch is connected to the left side of the image below and the splitter is on the right or vice-versa?

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

So they aren't directional and ii doesn't matter if the switch is connected to the left side of the image below and the splitter is on the right or vice-versa?

http://www.weaknees....orking-mrv.php#

It can only be installed one way if installed where I described it. One end is male and the other female.

#8 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,988 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

So they aren't directional and it doesn't matter if the switch is connected to the left side of the image below and the splitter is on the right or vice-versa?

Posted Image

It can only be installed one way if installed where I described it. One end is male and the other female.

The only "directional" part is the connectors, The filter itself doesn't care and works either way.
A.K.A VOS

#9 OFFLINE   hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

The only "directional" part is the connectors, The filter itself doesn't care and works either way.

Thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...