Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

No analog audio from HR20

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mgroups

mgroups

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

The analog audio outputs (RCA jacks) on my HR20-100 are dead as of today. Digital audio still works but I prefer analog to my TV when I am not using my surround receiver. Has anyone else had/resolved this issue?

Edited by mgroups, 10 June 2010 - 08:31 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,081 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

The analog audio outputs (RCA jacks) on my HR20-100 are dead as of today. Digital audio still works but I prefer analog to my TV when I am not using my surround receiver. Has anyone else had/resolved this issue?

Have you tried a simple (RBR) red button reset of the receiver to see if that corrects the issue?

#3 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,830 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:24 AM

Have you tried a simple (RBR) red button reset of the receiver to see if that corrects the issue?

One should not employ a RBR unless the HR is so frozen that you cannot do a Menu Reset/Restart. RBR's are little different than pulling the plug on a running receiver and could subject the hard drive to damage. A menu reset, on the other hand, is a controlled shut-down, and should be employed whenever possible (if a reset is needed).

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#4 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

Never had this issue sorry. I do the same thing as you but instead of analog audio to the tv I run optical to my AVR and HDMI direct to the tv. Works fine.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

spam firewall