Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How do i run the NODE test for signal strength for MRV?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   texasmoose

texasmoose

Icon

• Registered
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

too many threads to look thru, sorry. i have mastec guy here & he wants to know what buttons to push to run the benchmark.
HR34-700(leased)
HR24-100 x 2(1 leased, 1 owned)
Fios QIP7232 hd-dvr

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rgraetz

rgraetz

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:40 PM

On the front panel, press both guide & right arrow and if you get it right there is a menu to test your phone modem and the coax network.

#3 OFFLINE   texasmoose

texasmoose

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

is this only from an HR24 model, or can i do this on a HR20
HR34-700(leased)
Fios QIP7232 hd-dvr

#4 OFFLINE   bobnielsen

bobnielsen

Éminence grise

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,007 posts
  • LocationBainbridge Island, WA

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:44 PM

If you have trouble getting this to work, try holding the right arrow and quickly press the guide button (the touch buttons on the H24 seem to be a bit more sensitive than on the HR24). This feature is only on the H24 and HR24.

#5 OFFLINE   texasmoose

texasmoose

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

All good here, ty for the help. My installer(mastec) actually learned a trick to add to his bag. He was happy for your assistance as well. The coax test had all my number in hi-240's & lo 250's, so all is well. MRV is now working, he replaced bogus aspen splitter with a zinwell green label splitter & he also set-up a deca bridge for my vod & media share. He said the PI he had was for 21v, and that i should be ok, but he would get back later with proper voltage PI of 18v next weekend. *UPDATE* he brought back the appropriate power supply for the deca(bridge) just now. What a gr8 tech! A lot better than the previous one.....

Edited by texasmoose, 12 June 2010 - 04:29 PM.

HR34-700(leased)
Fios QIP7232 hd-dvr

Protected By... spam firewall...And...