Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Deca Band stop filters

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   my1423

my1423

Godfather

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:23 PM

Deca Band stop filters proper installation.
I have read that the swim switches have them built in and dont require them and also read that they are needed. Also read that they are only needed at each termination without deca.
I have read that they are needed on a swim 8 lnb.
Are they needed on a swim 8 switch? Are they needed on the four lines from the lnb on a swim 16? Before or after the switch on 16 and 8?

So to simplify.

Swim lnb only... Y N
Swim 8 switch... Y N
Swim 16 switch... Y N
Before switch... Y N
After Switch... Y N
Only for non deca terminations ie d12 r16 ect... Y N

#2 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:27 PM

If your SWM unit does not have a green label, the first thing connected to it should be a BSF.

If your receiver does not have a DECA adapter hooked to it, it should have a BSF. (Hx24s all have DECA remember!)

HR20-100s need a BSF installed in a way described elsewhere.

Unused, terminated legs do not need a BSF.

Edited by matt, 12 June 2010 - 11:35 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,733 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

Swim lnb only... Y N
Swim 8 switch... Y N
Swim 16 switch... Y N
Before switch... Y N
After Switch... Y N
Only for non deca terminations ie d12 r16 ect... Y N

Only on non green stickered/labeled SWiMLNB, SWM8.
SWiM-16 all have them internally.
Green sticker have them internally too.
Only on the output since these are to block the DECA signal from interacting with the SWiM.
Any receiver without a DECA on a DECA/SWiM system also needs to have it blocked. With a DECA or with one internal [H/HR24] the DECA does the blocking. "Except" for the odd way these work with the HR20-100 configuration, which also needs a filter along with the DECA.
A.K.A VOS

spam firewall