Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Switching to different receiver?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   VviPhonevV

VviPhonevV

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:07 PM

I was recently at a sale and happened to find a DP301 receiver that was at a great price I just had to buy ($1) I got it because it was newer than the receiver I already own but found out that I need to deactivate my old receiver and activate the DP301 to get it working. So, my question is, are there fees to activate and deactivate the receivers? If so, how much? Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   sirdroid

sirdroid

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

Give up on the 301 and request an upgrade from dish, sounds like you have been a customer for a while if you are still running an older 301 rec.

Dish is pushing for ALL customers to be upgraded to HD recievers, if you only need a single tuner, 211 will be fine, avoid 622 if you do go for a dual tuner, 722 is much better

if you have your heart set on your 301, no, there will not be any charges for swapping the two

p.s. am an installer for dish, seen old 301 and 311's still kickin....

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,335 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

So, my question is, are there fees to activate and deactivate the receivers? If so, how much? Thanks.

Swapping receivers should not incur a charge. As an added receiver the 301 will cost you $7 more per month on your account. Removing a receiver will remove it's fee. Swapping something older for a 301 shouldn't cost you anything but the time on the phone.

(Unless the 301 didn't come from a clean account.)

#4 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

The 301 needs to be an owned not a leased receiver. The 301 cannot have an outstanding balance(PPV or unpaid subscription fees) or you will have to pay them. Most important you need a purple card in it or DISH will have to send one before it can be activated.

#5 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:13 AM

... Most important you need a purple card in it or DISH will have to send one before it can be activated.

boba,

Is there a charge for the new card?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...