Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HSN 2 Set To Debut On Dish Network August 1

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chihuahua

Chihuahua

Legend

• Registered
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

There's word that a new spinoff from the Home Shopping Network, HSN 2 is scheduled to launch on Dish Network on August 1. You'll find the article here.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,151 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

Well my wife should be happy. I'm just happy as much time as she does spend watching HSN & QVC that she just does mostly "window shop". On the rare occasion she actually does want to buy something she usually asks me to buy it for her! :lol: Well at least I know what's going on with the household finances anyway.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,560 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 02:51 PM

You'll find the article here.

HSN2, a second 24-hour shopping service supplying a curated array of encore airings of its progenitor's shows, products, brands and personalities, will bow on the No. 2 DBS provider on August 1. Deal terms were not disclosed.

Some day might turn on HSN HD. At Seems a bit of a complicated way to say that! :)

#4 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

There's word that a new spinoff from the Home Shopping Network, HSN 2 is scheduled to launch on Dish Network on August 1. You'll find the article here.

I read that also. Will it be in HD?

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#5 OFFLINE   space86

space86

Icon

• Registered
  • 512 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

Midnight Eastern Tonight or Six AM Eastern?

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,560 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

Good question ... the EPG for 222 HSN and 226 HSN2 remain the same through the 9 days available in the guide.
At the moment both channels are the same feed.

#7 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 719 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

Oh great, another HSN. I was afraid of that when I saw HSN2 pop up on the guide a few weeks ago. My wife doesn't get enough of QVC, HSN, & Jewelry TV. Right now, only half of my DVR is filled with shopping programs.

When they were the Home Shopping Club in the 80s, they had a HSC2. QVC also had a second channel too.
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#8 OFFLINE   space86

space86

Icon

• Registered
  • 512 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

HSN 2 now live on Dish Network 226

#9 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

Well my wife should be happy. I'm just happy as much time as she does spend watching HSN & QVC that she just does mostly "window shop". On the rare occasion she actually does want to buy something she usually asks me to buy it for her! :lol: Well at least I know what's going on with the household finances anyway.

I read last week on Multichannel News Liberty Media owns all of QVC & half of HSN.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#10 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

Oh great, another HSN. I was afraid of that when I saw HSN2 pop up on the guide a few weeks ago. My wife doesn't get enough of QVC, HSN, & Jewelry TV. Right now, only half of my DVR is filled with shopping programs.

When they were the Home Shopping Club in the 80s, they had a HSC2. QVC also had a second channel too.

When analog was on HSN was on ch 24 from San Jose. We had a 11' TV in our garage and we found it by accident. It was awful snowy.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#11 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,098 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:08 PM

HSN2, a second 24-hour shopping service supplying a curated array of encore airings of its progenitor's shows, products, brands and personalities, will bow on the No. 2 DBS provider on August 1. Deal terms were not disclosed.

Some day might turn on HSN HD. At Seems a bit of a complicated way to say that! :)

James

HSN2 is recorded for some reason. It says so on the bottom of the screen.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

#12 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,560 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:17 PM

HSN2 is recorded for some reason. It says so on the bottom of the screen.

It is supposed to be recorded. Just another opportunity to get products offered earlier.

#13 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 719 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

The guide still needs to be updated. It is listing the same programs for HSN & HSN2. I caught a few timers that I needed to update as a result. I wish they would just clear out the HSN schedule on HSN2 and replace it with something like "Home Shopping Network 2" until they can get a real schedule up.
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

spam firewall