Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sony e3 Press Conference

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ncxcstud

ncxcstud

Icon

• Registered
  • 591 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:52 PM

Sony = most expensive gaming console...again ;)

We have 3D stuff! Buy our 3D TVs!!

We have Move!

49.99 for a wand, 29.99 for their nunchuck.

99.99 for a camera, wand, and a game.

399.99 for the ps3, camera, wand.

That fricken nunchuck is going to nickle and dime people like the Wii and their WiiMote and nunchuck and all their little addons...
40" Samsung LCD - LN40B640 (living room)
42" Samsung DLP - HLS4266W
DirecTV HR20-700 Receiver
DirecTV H24-100 Receiver
DirecTV HR24-100 Receiver
Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
XBOX Live, Battle.net, and PSN gamertags - ncxcstud

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

Another notch on the stick for MS since Natal/Kinect is probably around the 100-150 range. 4 players for that price...

Also, PS3 online Gold! Saw that coming a mile away.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   ncxcstud

ncxcstud

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 591 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

Sony's conference just went on too long...just like it did last year if I remember correctly. 2 hours is a long time...but at least we weren't subjected to graphs and charts this year.

I can see where Nintendo and Sony are coming from with having a tangible item to do their motion control. 1, it *could* be easier for people to get the hang of, and more importantly 2, it allows them make more money.

But, one thing struck me with the Wii and PS Move...especially since the World Cup is going on, neither of those two can accurately do anything with your lower body...everything is 1:1 (or at least close to it) with your hands.

Microsoft is the only one that does (supposedly/hopefully) full body 1:1 motion... If I want to kick a soccer ball, I kick 'it'. With the Move or Wii you'd have to attach it somehow to your leg (more nickle and diming in my book).

Each conference had their ups and downs, admittedly (as a Microsoft fan) I enjoyed their conference a lot, well at least more so than others seem to have.

Nintendo debuted their 3DS officially and announced some upcoming games people have been waiting for, but they are all scheduled for 2011, might be next fall before we see them.

Sony didn't really have anything to reveal besides the date and price for Move. Other than that, we already knew everything. I kind of chuckled that the way to save the PSP in their minds, is an ad campaign...wow...

That, and they spent a portion emphasizing how the PS2 outsold and performed better financially than the PS3 (which isn't good IMO).

But, they did show some games, though i'm only looking forward to Infamous 2.
DirecTV H24-100 Receiver

#4 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

Barely any information announced about the Playstation Plus other than it $50 a year or $17.99 for 3 months
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,856 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

Sony = most expensive gaming console...again ;)

Not exactly sure how you figured that... :confused:

~Alan

#6 OFFLINE   ncxcstud

ncxcstud

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 591 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Not exactly sure how you figured that... :confused:

~Alan

For what they are touting, it is by far the most expensive.

Want to play 3D games? Need multi-thousand dollar 3DTV.

Want to play move with more than one person? Have to pay at least an extra 50 bucks, and more than likely another 30 for the sub-controller.

We dont' know how much Kinect is, I'm still optimistic that because the price for 1 person to play the 'whole' of Move it'll cost at least 129.99 (for those to buy it who don't have a PS3 Camera), that Kinect will be between 129.99 and 149.99, and that's it, since you are the controller. Nothing else to buy.

Sony and Nintendo nickle and dime you with their controllers if you want more people to play...

That is what I mean by my little comment.

I own a PS3, and enjoy it a lot, just not as much as my XBOX 360 ;)
DirecTV H24-100 Receiver

#7 OFFLINE   Shaqdan

Shaqdan

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:43 AM

You do realize that if you want to play 3D games on the Xbox one day, you'll still "need multi-thousand dollar 3DTV," right? Thus, that point should not fit into the equation.

#8 OFFLINE   ncxcstud

ncxcstud

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

You do realize that if you want to play 3D games on the Xbox one day, you'll still "need multi-thousand dollar 3DTV," right? Thus, that point should not fit into the equation.

Of course I realize that, but right now the XBOX does not offer 3D gaming (and Microsoft hasn't announced any plan to either ATM), thus it isn't a part of the equation.
DirecTV H24-100 Receiver

#9 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,097 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:26 PM

To me the single biggest news from Sony about the PS3 is that Portal 2 will be released for it. After Gabe's previous comments on the platform, this is huge.

#10 OFFLINE   ncxcstud

ncxcstud

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 591 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

To me the single biggest news from Sony about the PS3 is that Portal 2 will be released for it. After Gabe's previous comments on the platform, this is huge.

Yes, that was rather big. Gabe played it off well though. Loved that it he mentioned that KB told him he was the VP of "Sharpening Things."

I never understood Gabe not wanting Valve to be a part of the PS3, it is another market for them to make gobs of money...
DirecTV H24-100 Receiver

Protected By... spam firewall...And...