Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Reinstalling" a reciever

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   msaccount

msaccount

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:28 PM

I'm new at all this so please hang with me while I stumble through this. Also I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post. If not, I'm sorry.

My grandparents have had Dish for several years, I recently moved in with them due to some financial problems. They have four recievers for all four of their rooms, when my sister moved out she unplugged her reciever and put it up in the closet. It's been unplugged for about 7 or 8 months. When I moved in I hooked everything back up, it took FOREVER to find the transponders. I'm not sure how long exactly because I left it on when I went to work because it was taking too long. When I got off work the dishnetwork channel was on so I hit guide and went to Comedy Central. It says my smart card isn't programmed for this channel. The only channel that I can see is the dishnetwork channel. I plugged up my phone line to try and upgrade it but it keeps telling me it can't connect to customer service.

What do I need to do?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,510 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

After being unplugged that long receivers lose their authorizations. I assume the account is still active and there is at least one good receiver getting channels?

Call DISH or use the online chat and let them know. They will be able to reactivate the receivers. It is possible that just leaving them connected a few days will bring them back but DISH doesn't like having their receivers disconnected from phone lines so most likely you will need to call.

#3 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

Call or chat in and request a 'hit'.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#4 OFFLINE   msaccount

msaccount

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for the replies. Yes the account is still active and there's two recievers still being used. What all will I need to get a hit? Account number ect.

Nice site by the way. I'll definately be a new visitor. :)

#5 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

You will need to be an authorized user on the account to do any of this, so you may need to have one of your grandparents handy when you call.

Just explain that you've had a receiver that's been disconnected and inactive for many months, and now you need to reactivate it. They'll know exactly what to do, and it will probably take less than 30 seconds.

#6 OFFLINE   msaccount

msaccount

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:11 PM

Alright. Thanks alot! Ill get this done in the AM I hope. Thanks again.

spam firewall