Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DTV lied again to me...

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   feeth

feeth

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:07 AM

Sorry for the late update.

I talked to someone in retensions and we finally got it worked out.

My first appointment for the MVR install and 2 new hd receivers was cancelled the day before due to a lack of equipment on hand. Called to reschedule and they gave me $50 credit on my bill for the cancelled appointment. Next appointment slot was 10 days later.

I could not be home for the next install, but my wife was. I hate doing this as my wife might not ensure everything is working properly when the tech leaves. I talked to the tech on the phone and he insured me everything was working fine. Both DVRs could be seen on the other TVs in the system he told me.

The next day I check everything out and one of the DVRs (21-700) is not showing up in the system. I call and go thru all of the troubleshooting steps which took about an hour on the phone. They think my 21-700 DVR is not working properly.

Another tech comes out yesterday with a new 24, installs it and now all seems to be well.

So the whole process did take over a month, but I finally have just about everything working right. My only issue is I can't get my esata 1tb hd to work on the 24. I asked for help in another thread here.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#162 OFFLINE   GBFAN

GBFAN

Godfather

• Registered
  • 330 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

Last week the home depot installers lied to me. They said they would be at my house between 1 and 3. They showed up at 4:15 and stayed until 9:00 installing my carpet. What is this world coming to?

spam firewall