Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole Home DVR Problem

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   justman

justman

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:17 PM

I am now having this problem. I have 3 HD DVRS that have been networked for a year with no problems. Now when i try to watch a show on DVR#3 or DVR #1 that was recorded on DVR #2 (Family Room), i get the same message "program cannot be played at this time. Family Room playlist is already in use." when I select PLAY, the second message is, "This program can't be played because too many recordings are being watched from playlist: FAMILY ROOM"

there is no other programs being watched or recorded on any DVR. I have had all the DVRS for years with no problems (the newest DVR is 2 years old).

The only other fact is that I just came back from a week vacation so not sure when it started, but it was fine for months before we left.

I have rebooted all 3 dvrs (and rebooted the DVR #2 family room DVR twice).

The DVR #2 is the oldest one -- a HR20. the other 2 DVRS are HR21

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   justman

justman

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:42 PM

I just reset thru the menu "restart" and now its ok. before I just presssed the red button in front.

#23 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:04 PM

I just reset thru the menu "restart" and now its ok. before I just presssed the red button in front.

When possible, always use the Reset menu option as opposed to the red button. The menu option allows the DVR to shut down properly (think of using the Shut Down option in Windows as opposed to hitting the power button).

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#24 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

Occasionally one of my HR20-700s does this. Normally this happens after I've been accessing its programming via an HR23-700 I have but. How the handshake between the client and server terminates post MRV streaming sometimes isn't always nice.

You can exit a program stream by turning off the receiving client, using the stop button, scroll to desired exit and select, or just hit the exit button. Although all work most of the time it's my experience the multiple key sequence. stop, select exit mode, exit list is the most reliable.

I have a hybrid network and all of my DVRs on on Ethernet and simply removing the Ethernet cable for just a second has cleared this up at times, others required a reboot. On a DECA connected DVR not using it's Ethernet port you only have the one choice really.

Anyway if you are doing the more complicated exit and this keeps happening there may be a hardware malady at work here.

Don "or it could be space rabies" Bolton

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#25 OFFLINE   Tideman

Tideman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

I'm having this problem as well. I have 2 HR24's and each time I reset one the other can watch all the shows but the one of them cannot. Which one can't watch them changes based on which one you restart. So it's like a cycle I could take turn restarting each box all night,

#26 ONLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

I'm having this problem as well. I have 2 HR24's and each time I reset one the other can watch all the shows but the one of them cannot. Which one can't watch them changes based on which one you restart. So it's like a cycle I could take turn restarting each box all night,

Sounds like an IP address conflict. Check system info on each box to see what addresses are assigned.

spam firewall