Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

RainFade - Need solution

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 9,082 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:31 PM

Ive got the mount thats large enough to clamp onto the SL3's neck (the actual connectors would hang down below the arm), however, Im not sure if the dish itself will be able to cover 4 degrees. I know I can aim it at one of the three, and kick the signal up, but the trick is to see if aiming it at 101 produces more gain at 99 and 103 than the standard dish. I dont have any -3db points in the specs for KA band for this dish.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   timekeeper

timekeeper

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

Ive got the mount thats large enough to clamp onto the SL3's neck (the actual connectors would hang down below the arm), however, Im not sure if the dish itself will be able to cover 4 degrees. I know I can aim it at one of the three, and kick the signal up, but the trick is to see if aiming it at 101 produces more gain at 99 and 103 than the standard dish. I dont have any -3db points in the specs for KA band for this dish.

Not all at once. But I think, if you aim at 99, you'd be able to also see 101(with a reduced signal level). Same think would happen with the 103.
Hence the need for the AKHA Lnb.

#63 OFFLINE   Joe C

Joe C

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:09 AM

I would love to be there if an average joe installer saw his rig. Be Awesome!

Can you post a picture of his rig ? We would love to see it.

spam firewall