Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

311 lost locals, 622's still receive them?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   logray

logray

Godfather

• Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

Ok, last Thursday night I had all of my locals via my 311 receiver.

Suddenly on Friday morning 6/18/2010 the locals are all gone on JUST my 311. Tried hard/soft resets, repeaking (first strike), etc. To no avail.

KCRA, KOVR, KVIE, etc. Sacramento, CA.

I have two 622 receivers and both still get all of the SD, HD, and OTA flavors of all the locals.

I couldn't find any uplink activity to explain what happened, for example if they moved to MPEG4/etc. Although I did see some TP's on 118 bird changed to QPSK 7/8 (which shouldn't matter? for a 311).. but not the TP's (18/HD, 20/SD) or bird (110) my locals are on.

FWIW I'm pointed at WA 110, 119, and 129 via sw34. 50+ on al TP's. Also had the same problem using a stand alone dish 500 pointed at 110 and 119 with just the 311 pluged in. Even pointed a spare dish just at 110 straight into the 311, same problem.

An accounting mistake at Dish or something else?

Maybe some overlapping channel numbers the 311 SD receiver is getting confused about?

Odd I didn't make any changes and nothing in uplink activity.:confused:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,371 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

There is no reason I see for those channels to be missing on any subscribed receiver.
Are you still getting other subscription channels on the 311?
If not you'll need to call DISH and get a rehit on the receiver.

Are you getting a signal level on the 311 on TP 18 and TP 20? Go to the point dish screen (Menu 6 1 1) and see if it reports "EchoStar 110" for those transponders or "wrong satellite". (Select 110 spotbeam 18 and 20 at the top of the point dish screen.)
If you're getting "wrong satellite" there may be a problem with your switch.

Have you moved the coax feeding your 311 to a different output on the switch?
Have you tried resetting the DP34 by disconnecting all receivers then reconnecting them?

#3 OFFLINE   logray

logray

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

Thanks James,

Yes I get all channels but locals on the 311. I've tried moving the 311 to a stand alone dish with a dp 500 twin (not connected to the the dp34 that is fed by three DP single LNBs on two dishes) and still have the same issue.

Signal on TP 20 is ~76 and TP 18 doesn't show a reading, but the same thing with TP 18 not showing any signal on the 622's (it shows a good signal using my first strike meter @ 15db) - yet I get the HD versions from that TP on the 622 receivers without any issues, so guessing it is not a signal strength issue (also considering I've tried a dish on a tripod separate from the dishes mounted on my roof). Not to mention the 311 can't get the HD versions from transponder 18 anyways...

I'll give Dish a call for a re-hit on the 311 then report back.

#4 OFFLINE   logray

logray

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

Blasted the receiver with an auth code and the locals are back. Thanks again.

spam firewall