Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

On demand not connecting CSR says its router ports?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,653 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

well my on demand is now working. But now my mrv isn't working. My upstairs tv can see my downstairs tv but not vice versa.

I did a reset for both receivers yesterday. I may just turn off MRV

How exactly are you bridging the DECA network to your internet?
Do you have a separate DECA for this, or are you trying to use one of the ethernet ports/jacks off a receiver?
"port forwarding" isn't needed and network services aren't either.
I have zero ports forwarded, and N/S reports <202>, yet everything [including TVApps] work fine here.
A.K.A VOS

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Barry in Conyers

Barry in Conyers

Godfather

• Registered
  • 353 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

To reinforce what VOS stated:

On my system (2 HR24 & 1 H24):

DHCP; no port forwarding; no UPnP, no network services.

MRV works; VOD works; TVApps works.

YMMV.

#43 OFFLINE   midd

midd

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

no I have a separate Deca unit running inline of the coax cables. Nothing is plugged in the ethernet ports. I have Cat5 cable from the DECA to my switch, that is all.

Like I said before, when I first had it installed, everything work perfectly. Its been 2-3 weeks now that it has been either No VOD on one TV or no MRV on the other.

#44 OFFLINE   DogLover

DogLover

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:00 AM

no I have a separate Deca unit running inline of the coax cables. Nothing is plugged in the ethernet ports. I have Cat5 cable from the DECA to my switch, that is all.

Like I said before, when I first had it installed, everything work perfectly. Its been 2-3 weeks now that it has been either No VOD on one TV or no MRV on the other.

I assume that you have each DVR set up as the default network setup? It defaults to DHCP, which gets an IP address from your router, if connected to a router. (If it cannot connect to the router it will create an internal address.) You can double check this by going to the system setup and looking at more system info. It will show the IP address of the DVR.

If for some reason one of the DVRs had a problem talking to your router, it could have set up an internal address. This would cause it to not work with VOD, since the address wouldn't be recognized by the router. Also, MRV would be a problem if both DVRs don't have the same type of address (internal or DHCP).
DogLover

My Setup

#45 OFFLINE   midd

midd

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:56 AM

I did assign each receiver its own address. I changed the address of the one upstairs and everything seems fine now. I noticed that the DNS was my routers address and not the OpenDNS address that I use. However I couldn't just simply change the DNS address. Each time that I tried, it would "default" back to my router's ip address. It was only when I changed the receivers address could I change the DNS address and now everything is running smoothly...so far.

spam firewall