Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Directv won't put in order for MRV

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blade

blade

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:56 AM

I called to inquire/request MRV for my home (I currently have 3 HD DVRs (2 HR22-100 and HR21-700) and 3 SD DVRs) and they got to the point of trying to place the order and then told me I already had 2 orders? I have no current orders and earlier this year I added one of the HD DVRs and upgraded an old SD box to an SD DVR so they are telling me that I can only have 2 orders per year and I have to wait till Jan (will be 1 year from when I got those) before I can do anything. I told them this is ridiculous what if I happened to get a new TV or wanted to upgrade another room? She checked with her supervisor and said no it is a 2 order limit. I said "So Directv doesn't want my money?" and she laughed and said I guess not. Call back in January and they can help me.

Is this standard procedure? I have never heard of any 2 order limit? I have been a customer since 06 with them and have good standing and I order most of the sports packages (MLB, NFL ST) so it isn't like I am a lite customer. I tried the Beta of the MRV but I am just using my network through a Powerline converter and it hiccups and stutters a lot especially when watching HD. So I figure I need the SWiM and DECA setup and that should solve my MRV woes, but now they won't do it for me.

Any suggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:00 AM

Never heard of a two order limit before. I can understand them do something like that for customers for which they have no account history, but a 4 year subscriber shouldn't be one of those.

I would try calling back up and seeing if you can get it added. If that doesn't work, you might want to try to contact Ellen Filipiak's office <ellen.filipiak@directv.com>, VP of Customer Service. Try calling first before e-mailing her office though.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   blade

blade

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:17 AM

What is the phone number for Ellen's office?

#4 OFFLINE   Blurayfan

Blurayfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

What is the phone number for Ellen's office?

Email them from here.

Slimlin-5 with SWM16
HR44-700 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 4.0 TB
HR24-500 with AM21 OTA tuner and eSATA 2.0 TB
HR21-700 with DECA adapter for network
Network: Netgear R7000
Internet: Comcast 105/20

#5 OFFLINE   blade

blade

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:27 PM

thanks for the help. someone from the customer advocacy office got in contact with me last week and said it must have been some kind of issue with the system that day when i was trying to order because it was working ok now and they were able to place the order for me.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...