Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

MRV dropping out almost daily on HR24's...

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   frozenpenguin

frozenpenguin

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

I guess that makes you a majority of one. If your power never flickers, why do you need a UPS?

Better safe than sorry. Plus I got a bunch of UPSs for cheap a while ago.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 42,133 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

I'll get into this from the "I have no issues" and don't have the router or receivers on UPS either.
A.K.A VOS

#53 OFFLINE   bondheli

bondheli

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

Update on my issues:
One of my 2tb hard drives got the reset and attempting to fix errors screen for 2 days. After it finished it still wouldn't work, so I took it out wiped the drive and reinstalled it in the enclosure. Got the same fixing errors screen for another 2 days then it still didn't work. (Could be the enclosure since the drive worked fine in the computer)...?

So I have been running one of my HR24's on the internal hard drive for several days now and I am still experiencing the HR24's dropping out of the network.

As to some of the other posts, the deca box is powered from a wall wart hooked to the coax. The wall wart is plugged in to the UPS as well.

I'm going to call up Directv this week and have them come back out because this is getting ridiculous. This plus screwing up our auto billing for the last 3 months (requiring a 20 minute call each time), and the lack of fox and nbc in hd has got me really regretting my decision to commit to Directv for another 2 years. :nono2:
HR24's x2
HR21
R10 Tivo

#54 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,381 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:49 AM

Update on my issues:
One of my 2tb hard drives got the reset and attempting to fix errors screen for 2 days. After it finished it still wouldn't work, so I took it out wiped the drive and reinstalled it in the enclosure. Got the same fixing errors screen for another 2 days then it still didn't work. (Could be the enclosure since the drive worked fine in the computer)...?

So I have been running one of my HR24's on the internal hard drive for several days now and I am still experiencing the HR24's dropping out of the network.

As to some of the other posts, the deca box is powered from a wall wart hooked to the coax. The wall wart is plugged in to the UPS as well.

I'm going to call up Directv this week and have them come back out because this is getting ridiculous. This plus screwing up our auto billing for the last 3 months (requiring a 20 minute call each time), and the lack of fox and nbc in hd has got me really regretting my decision to commit to Directv for another 2 years. :nono2:

Agreed calling them out is the best solution.

You definitely have something else going on there beyond any HR24 problem...the symptoms suggest a wider setup or connection problem.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

Protected By... spam firewall...And...