Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

An Older Man Scam

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CorkyMuldoon

CorkyMuldoon

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and in dark parking lots, etc. This is the first warning I have seen for men. I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it.

A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular customers at Lowe's, Home Depot, Costco, or even Wal-Mart. This one caught me totally by surprise. Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.

Here's how the scam works:

Two nice-looking, college-aged girls will come over to your car or truck as you are packing your purchases into your vehicle. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. (It's impossible not to look). When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' but instead ask for a ride to McDonald's.
You agree and they climb into the vehicle. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen Mar. 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th, & 29th. Also Apr. 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 27th, and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful. What a horrible way to take advantage of us older men. Warn your friends to be vigilant.

Wal-Mart has wallets on sale for $2.99 each. I found even cheaper ones for $.99 at the dollar store and bought them out in three of their stores.

Also, you never get to eat at McDonald's. I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth from Lowe's, to Home Depot, to Costco, Etc.

So please, send this on to all the older men that you know and warn them to be on the lookout for this scam. (The best times are just before lunch and around 4:30 in the afternoon.)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:42 PM

Oldie but goodie.

I laugh every time I read it. :lol:

#3 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,229 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:32 PM

Oldie but goodie.

I laugh every time I read it. :lol:

The dates go back to April, but we don't know what the year was for this one. :confused:
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#4 OFFLINE   dave29

dave29

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

The dates go back to April, but we don't know what the year was for this one. :confused:

Huh?

#5 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,229 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:20 AM

Huh?

Explanation hat on ----

The poster I replied to said the story was old. I essentially was agreeing with him that it's old, but we don't know just how old -- this year, last year, whenever.

--- Explanation hat off :D
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#6 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:00 AM

I wonder if this is where Capital One got the idea for their "where's your wallet" credit card ad.... :D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#7 OFFLINE   matt

matt

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:52 AM

I wonder if this is where Capital One got the idea for their "where's your wallet" credit card ad.... :D

I thought it was "what's in your wallet" but I might have missed it with the 30SKIP :D
Slimline 5 with SWM-16
Wireless DECA
HR34-700!
R22-200 Leased
Owned H25-700 and H24-700 off and packed for the move.

DIRECTV subscriber since Nov. 2009

#8 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,271 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:19 PM

Not to quibble, but it's "What's in YOUR wallet?"

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#9 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:20 PM

Not to quibble, but it's "What's in YOUR wallet?"

You are, of course, correct.

Answer: apparently nothing. :lol:
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#10 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,271 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:36 PM

I saw this ad in the local services > household section of Craig's List

"Hello,

I clean your home or office while weraing one of my sexy outfits.......... from Sexy French Maid... Sexy Biker Chick.. Sexy School Gurl... Mesh Outfit... and many many more...... send me your location and outfit you maybe interested in. I will send rates and pics if you are really interested in my service.

Thanks........."

I'm actually keeping a eye out for a new part-time housekeeper in the event my unemployed friend who is is helping me out finds a full-time job. I have a lady friend (with benefits ;)), so I'm not looking for sexual services, but being somewhat of a typical visually-oriented male, I think I would enjoy having a "french maid' with a feather duster dusting my knick-knacks.

What do you think?

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

Protected By... spam firewall...And...