Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Sports programming question....I think

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TATSR

TATSR

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

Last night I switched from the 200 package to the 120+. I kept the 120+ because I wanted to keep watching Cincinnati Reds games. I live in the Nashville, TN market and don't get Fox Sports Ohio all day long. I just get (most) Reds games on alternate sports channels (around 444). I don't get any of the other sports alternate channels/games, but I could see them on the channel guide. Now, I can't see any of the alternate channels on the guide, and obviously don't get the Reds games. From the "program comparison guide", I thought I would keep the same Fox Sports programming with the 120+ package. The Dish Network "customer service" person I chatted with had no idea why I was getting Reds games to start with and kept telling me over and over that I was only in the viewing area for Fox Sports South (420). I wasn't paying extra for the multi-sport package.

Any ideas as to why I was getting Reds games with 200, but I don't get them now?
Thanks,
TATSR

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,499 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

Are you still seeing your own RSN?
If not I'd check to make sure you are on AT120+ and not AT120.
Otherwise it is probably just an authorization glitch.

#3 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 09:41 PM

If you can see channel 420 FSN south, then you should also see the ALT channels. Double check the FAVorites list your in also. If you cant see 420 then you probably arnt getting the + like James said.

http://shad.is.dream...fl/collect.html 1000 AFL games and counting......

#4 OFFLINE   TATSR

TATSR

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:02 AM

If you can see channel 420 FSN south, then you should also see the ALT channels. Double check the FAVorites list your in also. If you cant see 420 then you probably arnt getting the + like James said.

Thanks for the help. I can see 420 and 437 (SportSouth), but my channel guide goes 420, 437, 455. Completely skips all of the channels that were there before I switched to 120+.

I chatted with a different "customer service" person today who said that some alternate channels were available with AT200 but not AT120+. I asked him how customers were supposed to know that and he said "I don't know". I told him that I would have downgraded all the way to 120 if I had known that. Then I asked "Surely you're not going to charge me another $5 downgrade fee to go from 120+ to 120." He said "Yes, we will". I went ballistic and he was able to issue a credit for that amount.

What neither of these two bozos told me was about the multisport package for $7. I think I'm going to drop to 120 and add the multisport. Won't that accomplish the same thing? Except I'll be saving $8/month instead of $10.

Pretty darn frustrating.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,499 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:35 AM

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong... but I think you have to have 120+ or above to add multi-sport.

I hope I'm mistaken for your sake... but something at the back of my mind said to post this.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#6 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,499 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:09 AM

What neither of these two bozos told me was about the multisport package for $7. I think I'm going to drop to 120 and add the multisport. Won't that accomplish the same thing? Except I'll be saving $8/month instead of $10.

AT120+ is minimum programming for multi-sport. You can't get RSNs with AT120.

You will get every RSN in the country with multi-sport, not just your local ones. All subject to blackouts. With AT200 you would get just the local ones.

You should get those alts with AT120+.

#7 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

That is bizarre. I have AT120+ and I can see all the ALT channels in the 440's and 450's. There are some more ALT's in the 470s but I have never seen any programing on those. I can even confirm that when I had AT120+ from down south, I had FSN South and Sport South AND the ALT channels too.

what receiver do you have? I would try cycling the power or resetting it. Maybe even have a re-auth sent to it. I think that CSR you spoke w/ was nuts.

#8 OFFLINE   TATSR

TATSR

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:08 AM

That is bizarre. I have AT120+ and I can see all the ALT channels in the 440's and 450's. There are some more ALT's in the 470s but I have never seen any programing on those. I can even confirm that when I had AT120+ from down south, I had FSN South and Sport South AND the ALT channels too.

what receiver do you have? I would try cycling the power or resetting it. Maybe even have a re-auth sent to it. I think that CSR you spoke w/ was nuts.

Thanks! That's helpful. I have an old receiver I received 9 years ago (500? - Can't remember right now). No DVR, no HD, nothing fancy.

#9 OFFLINE   shadough

shadough

Icon

• Registered
  • 655 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

Just to verify, make sure when your in the Guide, it says "all chan" and not some other favorites list.

spam firewall