Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

"Movers with Commitment"

622 ehd

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   woodardhsd

woodardhsd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:42 AM

I finally got around to calling about my movers connection upgrade.

I told her I was hoping she could give me a deal similar to the new customer deals ($24, and $5 credit for 12 months), since I'm paying around $95 for 1 HR22, 1 H21, total choice + HDDVR, locals and HBO. New customers can get this for around $65.

She said that was only for new customers, and could give me $10 for 6 months, and I pushed it a little more and she changed that to $20 for 6 months. I told her I was OK with that if she threw in the DECA install for free, and she agreed. Went ahead and completed the order, and set up my install for next Friday.

After I got off the phone I logged in to my account to see if the credit she gave me was there. I looked at the order page and saw this "Movers with Commitment" I attached a picture of my order page below. Didn't feel like calling back since I had already been on the phone over 30 minutes. I wasn't aware there was a commitment involved in using the movers connection. She never even mentioned it when talking about the free DECA install.

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,604 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:47 AM

You got quite the deal!!....but didn't know about the commitment required either.

If you plan to stay in the new location with DirecTV for the 2 years...it should not be much of an issue...if its a problem...perhaps call back and get it clarified.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#3 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:24 AM

The 2 year commitment is common knowledge to those that have used it. I've used it at least 5 times within a 5 year span, I had to agree to a two year commitment each time, not that big of a deal. It only extends your commitment to a max of two years, if there is 6 months left it only adds 18 months.
Not a bad deal for a free install.

#4 OFFLINE   woodardhsd

woodardhsd

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:33 AM

No, it's really not that bad of a deal for a free install, but why the hell don't they say anything about it in their terms?

DIRECTV MOVERS CONNECTION: Terms and Conditions

DIRECTV MOVERS CONNECTION:: Offer available once in any 12 month period for qualifying customers only. Qualifications based on tenure, package level, payment history and other factors. Sports blackouts and your ability to receive local channels or broadcast networks may be affected by new address. STARZ AND SHOWTIME OFFER: Eligibility based upon current package subscription. Other conditions apply. Ask for details. EQUIPMENT UPGRADE OFFER: Free to qualifying customers only. Customer must pay a $19.95 delivery and handling fee per order. Qualifications based on tenure, package level, payment history and other factors. Offer requires a program agreement of 12 months for Standard Receivers and 24 months for Advanced Receivers (HD receiver, DVR, or HD DVR) of any DIRECTV base programming package (priced at $29.99/mo. or above), or any international service bundle (lease required, must maintain DVR service and/or HD Access). Lease fee of $5/mo. for second and each additional receiver. DIRECTV System has a feature, which restricts access to channels. To remain eligible, DIRECTV account must remain in "good standing" or bill credits will cease.

Residential customers only. Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change at any time. Pricing is residential. Taxes not included. DIRECTV services are not provided outside the U.S. Receipt of DIRECTV programming is subject to DIRECTV Customer Agreement; copy provided at directv.com/legal and in your first bill. SHOWTIME and related marks are registered trademarks of Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS Company. Starz®: and related channels and service marks are the property of Starz Entertainment, LLC.

©2010 DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV, the Cyclone Design logo, DIRECTV MOVERS CONNECTION are registered trademarks of DIRECTV, Inc.

#5 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Registered
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:01 AM

No, it's really not that bad of a deal for a free install, but why the hell don't they say anything about it in their terms?

Offer requires a program agreement of 12 months for Standard Receivers and 24 months for Advanced Receivers Receivers and 24 months for Advanced Receivers(HD receiver, DVR, or HD DVR) of any DIRECTV(HD receiver, DVR, or HD DVR) of any DIRECTV base programming package priced at $29.99/ mo. or above), or any international service bundle (lease required, must maintain DVR service and/or HD Access). Lease fee of $5/mo for second and each additional receiver. DIRECTV System has a feature, which restricts access to channels. To remain eligible, DIRECTV account must remain in "good standing" or bill credits will cease. must remain in "good standing" or bill credits will must remain in "good standing" or bill credits will cease. Residential customers only.

Is that what you are referring to?

#6 OFFLINE   xrobmn

xrobmn

Legend

• Registered
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:03 AM

Say what.. that there's a two year committment? It does...

"Offer requires a program agreement of 12 months for Standard Receivers and 24 months for Advanced Receivers Receivers and 24 months for Advanced Receivers(HD receiver, DVR, or HD DVR) of any DIRECTV(HD receiver, DVR, or HD DVR) of any DIRECTV base programming package priced at $29.99/ mo. or above), or any international service bundle (lease required, must maintain DVR service and/or HD Access). Lease fee of $5/mo for second and each additional receiver. DIRECTV System has a feature, which restricts access to channels. To remain eligible, DIRECTV account must remain in "good standing" or bill credits will cease. must remain in "good standing" or bill credits will must remain in "good standing" or bill credits will cease. Residential customers only. "

#7 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,604 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

The 2 year commitment is common knowledge to those that have used it. I've used it at least 5 times within a 5 year span, I had to agree to a two year commitment each time, not that big of a deal. It only extends your commitment to a max of two years, if there is 6 months left it only adds 18 months.
Not a bad deal for a free install.

WOW - that's alot of moving.

I've moved just once in 16 years.

#8 OFFLINE   woodardhsd

woodardhsd

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:08 AM

Is that what you are referring to?

Yeah, but you didn't bold far enough back. Thats under the Equipment Upgrade Offer

EQUIPMENT UPGRADE OFFER: Free to qualifying customers only. Customer must pay a $19.95 delivery and handling fee per order. Qualifications based on tenure, package level, payment history and other factors. Offer requires a program agreement of 12 months for Standard Receivers and 24 months for Advanced Receivers (HD receiver, DVR, or HD DVR) of any DIRECTV base programming package (priced at $29.99/mo. or above), or any international service bundle (lease required, must maintain DVR service and/or HD Access). Lease fee of $5/mo. for second and each additional receiver. DIRECTV System has a feature, which restricts access to channels. To remain eligible, DIRECTV account must remain in "good standing" or bill credits will cease.

The CSR didn't say anything about any commitments until I asked her about the free HD receiver upgrade. Since there was no way to guarantee I'd get the newest model HD receiver, I told her I'd just keep what I already had.

#9 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Registered
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:16 AM

Then she was at fault, but normally to upgrade a lease charge is added $199 depending on the equipment. So it is a free upgrade with a two year commitment, again a sweet deal.

#10 OFFLINE   woodardhsd

woodardhsd

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:28 AM

Then she was at fault, but normally to upgrade a lease charge is added $199 depending on the equipment. So it is a free upgrade with a two year commitment, again a sweet deal.

Now I'm confused. I didn't get any new equipment. I'm taking my existing receivers with me. Are you saying it doesn't matter that I didn't get new equipment; I still have a 24 mo commitment? I guess I should call back and try to get a H24.

#11 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Registered
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:38 AM

Now I'm confused. I didn't get any new equipment. I'm taking my existing receivers with me. Are you saying it doesn't matter that I didn't get new equipment; I still have a 24 mo commitment? I guess I should call back and try to get a H24.

I would, it wouldn't hurt. Hell, until you posted it I didn't know about the free upgrade, I would have jumped on it.

#12 OFFLINE   netraa

netraa

Godfather

• Registered
  • 483 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:32 AM

The free movers connect is just that.

You move your boxes, they come and install a dish and life goes on.

There are terms and conditions with the stars and showtime offer, did you ask about them or just accept the offer?

When you start wheeling and dealing and pushing and prodding for free stuff, and the CSR tries to make you happy by adding things that are not a part of the movers connection who knows what button they had to push to make that happen and what strings it comes with.

Quite frankly, all the I want, I want, I want, WAIT, I got screwed posts we see here makes me wonder if Karma isn't in full effect.

#13 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:43 AM

Quite frankly, all the I want, I want, I want, WAIT, I got screwed posts we see here makes me wonder if Karma isn't in full effect.

:biggthump:biggthump
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#14 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:46 AM

When you start wheeling and dealing and pushing and prodding for free stuff, and the CSR tries to make you happy by adding things that are not a part of the movers connection who knows what button they had to push to make that happen and what strings it comes with.

Exactly right. By pushing for a bigger discount (one that you weren't really entitled to), the CSR may have had to use an offer that required a commitment to fulfill.

A standard Mover's Connection, with no receiver upgrades, does NOT have a commitment. But if you upgrade any receivers (and your MRV upgrade may require this), than that comes with a commitment.

#15 OFFLINE   woodardhsd

woodardhsd

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:15 AM

Sure are a lot of haters in here. :nono2:

I called back to check. The "commitment" was there because I still have 6 months left on my original 24-month commitment when I upgraded to my HD-DVR. The CSR said there was no added commitment because of this order. :D

Why all the hate for trying to get a good deal? It boggles my mind. I didn't DEMAND anything, I politely asked. The deals they are offering new customers are crazy right now, $29 off for 12 months, $14 off for the next 12 months after that, 2 free HD receivers, Free HD, Free install with MRV, etc. I figured I'd try to see what they could do for a 5 1/2 year customer. Am I stupid for wanting to try to save some money?

#16 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

I called back to check. The "commitment" was there because I still have 6 months left on my original 24-month commitment when I upgraded to my HD-DVR. The CSR said there was no added commitment because of this order. :D

Why all the hate for trying to get a good deal? It boggles my mind. I didn't DEMAND anything, I politely asked. The deals they are offering new customers are crazy right now, $29 off for 12 months, $14 off for the next 12 months after that, 2 free HD receivers, Free HD, Free install with MRV, etc. I figured I'd try to see what they could do for a 5 1/2 year customer. Am I stupid for wanting to try to save some money?

So if you would've called back to check on the situation instead of complaining on a message board everything would've been fixed? 5 hours of complaining and wondering for nuthin.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#17 OFFLINE   woodardhsd

woodardhsd

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

So if you would've called back to check on the situation instead of complaining on a message board everything would've been fixed? 5 hours of complaining and wondering for nuthin.

Something like that. I know my first post sounds like a complaint, it was supposed to be more of a question.

#18 OFFLINE   xceebeex

xceebeex

Legend

• Registered
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:39 PM

.... $14 off for the next 12 months after that?

You are the second person that I saw post that. Do you, or anyone else have any more details? I tried to get that for mine (which is still not installed at the moment but they said I did not qualify but couldn't tell me what would make me qualify.

#19 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,604 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:39 PM

I actually commend you for having the courage to come back and post your updated information and results.

Obviously there may have been an easier path to follow at first...but lesson learned. No harm, no foul (and no hate). :)

#20 OFFLINE   woodardhsd

woodardhsd

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:37 AM

You are the second person that I saw post that. Do you, or anyone else have any more details? I tried to get that for mine (which is still not installed at the moment but they said I did not qualify but couldn't tell me what would make me qualify.

See attachment. Haven't talked to anyone on the phone about it, but this is what I added to my cart as if I was a new customer.

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled1.JPG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 622 ehd

spam firewall