Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q3 2010 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4781 replies to this topic

#2601 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,013 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

I just don't wanna hear "two to tango" anymore. We get it... and It's NOT a good excuse as far as Im concerned.

What is a good excuse for you? None of us are owed any excuse. My motto remains the same...If you're unhappy with what a company has to offer, then take your money elsewhere where you'll be happy.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2602 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,856 posts
  • LocationDawson, Georgia

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

With the way Directv has been adding national HD channels if I were Satracer I'd be hiding too.

!rolling

That's just sooooo wrong in sooooo many ways.....

But TOOOOOO funny as well... !rolling

~Alan<~~~~~~~~~~~Who would be a little happier if he could record ALL his local channels....

#2603 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

My motto remains the same...If you're unhappy with what a company has to offer, then take your money elsewhere where you'll be happy.

I'm reminded of the past in which people who were unhappy with the way the country was being run, were told that they should leave the country. I'm also reminded of the old saying in which people state that if you vote, you're entitled to complain.

I pay my "hefty" bill every month, so I feel that I'm entitled to complain.

NOTE: I know I somewhat brought it up, but I tried to keep it as generic as possible, so let's PLEASE go no farther into politics on this thread. THANKS!

~Alan

#2604 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:53 PM

What is a good excuse for you? None of us are owed any excuse. My motto remains the same...If you're unhappy with what a company has to offer, then take your money elsewhere where you'll be happy.

I've already said I like Directv and have no plans to leave. If you would have been paying attention, I already said I don't understand leaving a provider over a few channels. You take the best there is in your area, and to me, thats Directv. I guess we should all stick our heads in the sand like some of you (for obvious reasons), and not speak out.

Satracer is a great asset here, but if you use the same tired line all the time, you are going to catch flack. He'd be best to not say anything. We, as subs, should also not look the other way, and make sure he's knows what we are unhappy about. If we never complained about the service, the assumption would be all of us are happy.

Some people are too simple to understand the difference between wanting the service improved upon, and being unhappy with the service.
65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#2605 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:55 PM

I'm also reminded of the old saying in which people state that if you vote, you're entitled to complain.

I pay my "hefty" bill every month, so I feel that I'm entitled to complain.

~Alan

Exactly. Telling a Voter/Taxpayer to stop bitching and leave is a Zombie response and, in the end, helps no one. Plenty of folks on these forums see nothing but fields of roses with these providers, but that doesn't mean we should not speak out.
65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#2606 OFFLINE   ShawnL25

ShawnL25

Icon

• Registered
  • 570 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:05 PM

With HBO on the go coming to ipad for cable subs, Epix to Netflix, Cox,ATT, Fios, TW all introducing some sort of VOD/Live straming to the ipad, and dish pushing it's sling abilities, I am really curious what D* has up it's sleeve.

I'm ready to start watching my D* programming on the go. When is it coming?

#2607 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

Exactly. Telling a Voter/Taxpayer to stop bitching and leave is a Zombie response and, in the end, helps no one. Plenty of folks on these forums see nothing but fields of roses with these providers, but that doesn't mean we should not speak out.

For the record, I didn't mean anything negative towards Sigma1914...

My point was simply that when I don't like something about a service that I pay (considerable money) for each month, I'm entitled to speak out when I'm not happy about it.

Yes, I prefer Dish Network's channel lineup, but if I were to switch, I would LOSE MRV, I'd lose ABC Family, DisneyXD HD, a more well rounded locals package, resolution, and gain a HEFTIER bill and more compression.

I'd prefer to wait it out with DirecTV whose service I prefer overall, and if I feel like venting in the meantime, I'm OK with that.

~Alan

Edited by Alan Gordon, 18 August 2010 - 04:52 PM.
Changed Disney HD to DisneyXD...

#2608 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,013 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

I've already said I like Directv and have no plans to leave. If you would have been paying attention, I already said I don't understand leaving a provider over a few channels. You take the best there is in your area, and to me, thats Directv.

Sorry I don't remember all your posts here. You'd think that with your elitist attitude that you're that important, but you're not. :)

I guess we should all stick our heads in the sand like some of you (for obvious reasons), and not speak out.

Like who? What reasons? Please share.

Satracer is a great asset here, but if you use the same tired line all the time, you are going to catch flack. He'd be best to not say anything. We, as subs, should also not look the other way, and make sure he's knows what we are unhappy about. If we never complained about the service, the assumption would be all of us are happy.

Do you realize all of us satellite nerds have zero impact on what channels get added? I doubt Satracer & Earl are going to meetings saying, "Boy oh boy, you lawyers better work out carriage deals because those guys at dbstalk are furious at the lack of AMC HD & BBCA HD!"

Some people are too simple to understand the difference between wanting the service improved upon, and being unhappy with the service.

Again, elitist attitude.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#2609 OFFLINE   digitalfreak

digitalfreak

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

Personally, I have ABSOLUTELY no interest in TruTV. I have never tuned to the channel, and adding it in HD wouldn't change that.

Bait Car is pretty good. It's amazing how stupid people can be.

#2610 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

I just don't wanna hear "two to tango" anymore. We get it... and It's NOT a good excuse as far as Im concerned. My bill has averaged over $100 since I signed back up, and I pay it on time every month.

I almost forgot...it takes two to tango.
DTV = Digital Television

#2611 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,798 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

I almost forgot...it takes two to tango.

!rolling

Even the Dish folks have been singing that song repeatedly over and over about the whole Disney/EPN contract dispute.... :lol:
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#2612 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,892 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:34 PM

With the way Directv has been adding national HD channels if I were Satracer I'd be hiding too.

That's just sooooo wrong in sooooo many ways.....

Let me rephrase that ...

With the way DBSTalk members have been complaining about his prior posts, if I were Satracer I'd be hiding too.

Please be kind. Accept the messages that people can post here but don't get personal.

#2613 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:34 PM

Bait Car is pretty good. It's amazing how stupid people can be.

As a general rule, I'm constantly reminded every day of how stupid people can be, so I don't really need to watch a TV program to prove it to me. If I did, I might watch "The Real Housewives of Hahira, Georgia"... :rolleyes:

~Alan

#2614 OFFLINE   digitalfreak

digitalfreak

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:35 PM

This is too much fun. Let the virtual slap fight continue!

:new_popco

#2615 OFFLINE   Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon

Chancellor

• Registered
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

Let me rephrase that ...

With the way DBSTalk members have been complaining about his prior posts, if I were Satracer I'd be hiding too.

Please be kind. Accept the messages that people can post here but don't get personal.

To be fair, I don't think he meant anything negative towards Satelliteracer (I wouldn't have laughed if I had thought so), but rather as a joke (one I personally thought was very funny), and was in no way personal.

~Alan

#2616 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

AMC HD is now up and running in glorious HD on DISHNETWORK:D

#2617 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,892 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

To be fair, I don't think he meant anything negative towards Satelliteracer (I wouldn't have laughed if I had thought so), but rather as a joke (one I personally thought was very funny), and was in no way personal.

I'm referring to more than just the one post.

Please everyone ... take a breath.

#2618 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,013 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

Thanks for the update, CNN.

#2619 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

All good things come to those who wait. In the mean time we'll just enjoy our 160+ HD channels! :lol:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#2620 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,874 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:47 PM

Let me rephrase that ...

I don't think Satelliteracer is "hiding." I think he has a job to do, hopefully one that includes trying out some new tactics to get us those few last channels we all want.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...