Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q3 2010 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4781 replies to this topic

#4776 OFFLINE   narcolept

narcolept

Godfather

• Registered
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:52 AM

Hrm.. Hopefully the waaaaaaaambulance will be along shortly after the Q4 thread is created to transport some of you over there.

:nono2::nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#4777 OFFLINE   matrixj3

matrixj3

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:25 AM

i have the latino package and i noticed that all of the telefutura channels that are not HD have the HD logo in the right bottom corner since about 2 days ago...i did not see these last week.

Galavision still does not have the logo....but i think it does have an HD feed.
Could it be all of the TF channels will go HD soon?

#4778 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:19 AM

This quarter has made one thing clear: if you aren't a sports fan, Directv has effectively written you off.

They no longer market themselves as the HD leader. They've given up on that. Directv has more sports, and that's what they trumpet in their latest commercials. If you want to watch Mad Men or Dr. Who in high def, Directv does not value your business.

Judging from the way DISH pulled a dozen or so RSNs off their lineup during contract dispute with Fox, if you are a sports fan, apparently DISH doesn't care about you!
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#4779 OFFLINE   DaveC27

DaveC27

Godfather

• Registered
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:49 AM

Judging from the way DISH pulled a dozen or so RSNs off their lineup during contract dispute with Fox, if you are a sports fan, apparently DISH doesn't care about you!

Not just RSNs according to Deadline FX and NatGeo also vanished with MyNetwork's contract due on Nov 1st

#4780 OFFLINE   ffemtreed

ffemtreed

Icon

• Registered
  • 962 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:59 AM

D11 all over again!

#4781 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,957 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:59 AM

I now have a new anticipation. I anticipate I will get to keep my HD channels that I have today. ;)
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#4782 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,948 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:19 AM

So now Q4 thread yet?

BTW, you guys are right, with whats going on over at E*, I'm so glad I have D*.

Have I told you how much I love MRV? :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...