Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP922 to arrive today, a few questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   l8er

l8er

Icon

• Registered
  • 624 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

I've searched and browsed through threads, searched online and haven't found the answers to a few questions.

I'm replacing a VIP722k with a VIP922.

1) Any way to transfer the existing timers on the VIP722k to the VIP922?
I'd guess probably not, but it's summer and some shows aren't even on now, so setting up new timers will be "uncomfortable" :D

2) Does it come with only one remote control? (And does it have a touchpad or not? - I've seen it with remotes that have varying appearances online.)

3) Will existing remote controls, like the 21.0 work with the VIP922?

Sorry if these answers already exist somewhere. Thanks!
-GA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:22 AM

1) Any way to transfer the existing timers on the VIP722k to the VIP922?
I'd guess probably not, but it's summer and some shows aren't even on now, so setting up new timers will be "uncomfortable" :D

I don't know but you can store timers, etc for the 922 on it's remote so give it try and let us know.

2) Does it come with only one remote control? (And does it have a touchpad or not? - I've seen it with remotes that have varying appearances online.)

Only one remote without touchpad. It's this one.

3) Will existing remote controls, like the 21.0 work with the VIP922?

Yes. I have the 32.0, a 6.0 and a Harmony 700 all working. You have to turn on the IR detector in the Settings menu for the IR remotes to work.

Sorry if these answers already exist somewhere. Thanks!

Hope you enjoy your 922 as much as I enjoy mine. And I hope you have better luck with Dish Remote Access than some of us.
Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#3 OFFLINE   l8er

l8er

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 624 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

So far - it's different, but awesome! Thanks.
-GA

Protected By... spam firewall...And...