Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Installer is here now! (6/25/2010) SWM 16 is extra???

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   ffemtreed

ffemtreed

Icon

• Registered
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:51 AM

SWM? I thought that means "single wire multiswitch". I thought your HR24's will only need one cable connected so you then have 3 available left.

the 4 cables are from the dish to the switch. Not to each receiver.

This allows for an easy upgrade to the SWM 16 switch.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   ciurca

ciurca

Godfather

• Registered
  • 428 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:05 AM

Why not just call Directv and add an additional H2X receiver in a few months. Politely remind them that it would be your 9th tuner, and a SWM 16 is going to be needed.

I'm sure that would be less than the $300.00 that was quoted.
HR34
HR23
Slingbox Pro HD

Twitter -> @saltwater_rider
Facebook -> facebook.com/craig.ciurca

#23 OFFLINE   dwcolvin

dwcolvin

Icon

• Registered
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

I had them put in an SWM-8 for now. They are supposed to "check again" if I can get the SWM 16 for free. Doesn't matter right now; they don't have any in stock anyway. It is kind of hard to get. So in the meantime one of the DVRs is going to have only one active tuner.

The SD receiver I got was supposed to run a couple of TVs that aren't going to be used much anyway. I am thinking about sending that one back and using the output of the HD receiver to run the other SD receiver. Hook up a Modulator and get some RF remotes.

Does anyone know if both HDMI and component outputs are active at the same time from the HD receiver?

That was a good move. But, you should call D* immediately and insist that the SWM-8 be replaced with a SWiM-16.

All the outputs from DirecTV receivers are active (which is a lot better than the idiotic Scientific Atlanta cable boxes that won't output anything when the TV that HDMI is attached to is turned off). (But, I don't know what, if anything, comes out of component when HDMI is 1080p. I would assume composite and s-video, if there is one, have 480i like always.)

spam firewall