Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anybody program a APC UPS not to beep?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 23,348 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:09 PM

Installed one right after a extended power loss that caused us to lose 3 chest freezers of beef and pork just after we paid for it and it was delievered.

whole house powered by natural gas was a wise investment 10 years ago, it has paid for itself many times over

Years ago, an oil delivery company in our town had a sign on it's roof that they rented to a natural gas company. It said, "Go modern, go gas!". The day after it was put up, it said, "Go modern, go gas, go BOOM!" We suspected the oil company changed the sign. :lol:

That's a true story, by the way.

Rich

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

Years ago, an oil delivery company in our town had a sign on it's roof that they rented to a natural gas company. It said, "Go modern, go gas!". The day after it was put up, it said, "Go modern, go gas, go BOOM!" We suspected the oil company changed the sign. :lol:

That's a true story, by the way.

Rich

If you say so

#28 OFFLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,242 posts
  • LocationFort Pierce, FL

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:21 PM

Gee what is that? I thought a UPS WAS a battery backup.
Shows what I know I guess.

He most likely meant an APC "Back-Ups", which is one line of APC UPS units.

#29 OFFLINE   HiDefGator

HiDefGator

Legend

• Registered
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:14 AM

I use to pry the speakers off all of mine. Pliers and a gentle twist. Worked every time. The new ones are just too easy to hook up to a computer and disable the speaker that way though.

#30 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,440 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

I use to pry the speakers off all of mine. Pliers and a gentle twist. Worked every time. The new ones are just too easy to hook up to a computer and disable the speaker that way though.

A hammer works for that too....but your results might just be different. :D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#31 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

I've used the supplied PowerChute or PowerPanel software to turn off the beeps on all my APC and CyberPower UPS's here. The beeping when AC is lost doesn't bother me (save for the one in the bedroom), but drives my greyhound nuts.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

Protected By... spam firewall...And...