Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Would a credit restart contract???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jrntr

jrntr

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:29 AM

i called to try to lower my bill a little bit and got a $20/month credit for 12 months and was wondering if it was going to restart my contract. i am halfway through a 2 year contract. i meant to ask the rep but forgot. of course they never say......

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:38 AM

i called to try to lower my bill a little bit and got a $20/month credit for 12 months and was wondering if it was going to restart my contract. i am halfway through a 2 year contract. i meant to ask the rep but forgot. of course they never say......

No, this will not restart your contract.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#3 OFFLINE   jrntr

jrntr

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:02 AM

out of curiosity, what exactly does extend a contract. i know adding a receiver will. i found that out the hard way. how about adding or removing movie channels???? upgrading or downgrading a package???

#4 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

out of curiosity, what exactly does extend a contract. i know adding a receiver will. i found that out the hard way. how about adding or removing movie channels???? upgrading or downgrading a package???

Adding or removing premium services will not extend your contract, AFAIK neither does changing your programming.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#5 OFFLINE   raoul5788

raoul5788

• Registered
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:41 AM

http://www.satellite...sion-chart.html

#6 OFFLINE   susanandmark

susanandmark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:52 PM

I have been told by a DirecTV CSR that a $5/month credit (for, I believe, 6 months) restarted my contract BUT, and it's a big but, I was also given two other reasons, none of which any DirecTV employee would back up with any kind of documentation, so who knows what really went on. I've been told over and over by those on this forum that a credit won't effect your contract. I'm not saying they're wrong--far from it--just warning that your mileage may vary. Personally, if you're concerned, I would email DirecTV, asking when your current contract expires. That way you have it in writing if it should ever change suddenly, without a legit reason.

spam firewall