Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Customer NFL Ticket Promotion

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   StangGT909

StangGT909

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:03 AM

Does anyone know when they are going to run the new customer NFL ticket promotion? I thought in previous years it was the end of July... any one know an exact date?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bixler

bixler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:18 AM

Current new customer offer ends July 21 so probably July 22. They were offering the Sunday Ticket package/Premier programming package special for Father's Day but I don't know if that is still valid.
Slimline5.....SWM 8.....SWS-8 8 way splitter
PI feeds SWS-8 splitter and HR 21-100 in Media Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Family Room 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12 wireless ethernet connection via Linksys WET610N
SWS-8 splitter feeds HR 22-100 in Master Bedroom 0x62c 3:59am 12/18/12
SWS-8 splitter feeds H 21-100 in Guest Bedroom 0x45d2 3:27am 6/27/12

#3 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,649 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:24 AM

This was basically the ad that directv had on their site:

http://www.directsta...CFRBx5Qodime46g

#4 OFFLINE   StangGT909

StangGT909

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

Crap it says only 9 hours left to order.....

I didn't know they had the same deal going on right now or I would have already pulled the trigger.

Was planning on using a $100 referral as well so I better move fast.

#5 OFFLINE   StangGT909

StangGT909

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

Follow-up question...

My fiance is moving into place where the previous roommate is leaving (taking Directv account). She is creating a NEW account.

It's easy on Directv to not have to install a new dish but how do you time the switch? If we want to order while that deal is still going on can we call tell them that person is moving out in July or will they have any issues creating a new account for that address when there is still one on file until the person moves? Or would the previous person have to call and tell them they are moving before we call?

#6 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,649 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

Crap it says only 9 hours left to order.....

I didn't know they had the same deal going on right now or I would have already pulled the trigger.

Was planning on using a $100 referral as well so I better move fast.

The deal is thru july 21.

Thats just the deal time on that ad site.

Dont call them....just call directv.

#7 OFFLINE   StangGT909

StangGT909

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

Oh great... I'm glad we have some time. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess their website did a good job to make me think the deal was expiring.

Any thoughts on my other question? :

"My fiance is moving into place where the previous roommate is leaving (taking Directv account). She is creating a NEW account.

It's easy on Directv to not have to install a new dish but how do you time the switch? If we want to order while that deal is still going on can we call tell them that person is moving out in July or will they have any issues creating a new account for that address when there is still one on file until the person moves? Or would the previous person have to call and tell them they are moving before we call?"

Protected By... spam firewall...And...