Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Saga Continues: Help A Guy Help His Dad and Mom

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Paul E Fox II

Paul E Fox II

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

As stated in another thread...this is where we are currently...

The Dish Network installer came today (Sunday...that's kinda odd I thought but he came) and now my Dad and Mom supposedly have the new HD Package with the locals (newly added Bluefield/Beckley DMA).

They received free upgrades on their old existing equipment as follows - a VIP722 for the Living Room and a VIP612 for my Brother's room.

Mr. Installer didn't hook it up with either Component or HDMI connections, the VIP722 didn't get a new remote and many, MANY of the the channels are Red and state that they aren't subscribed. I thought the installer was supposed to take care of all that?

He also hooked the phone line that he demanded to hook up in a networking jack.

Also, WOAY doesn't appear in the list of channel guide so I'm not sure what the problem is there and the installer told them they wouldn't get ABC programming (WOAY is an ABC Affiliate) but the rest of the locals appear to be there.

My Mom called today and for whatever reason, they seem to think my Mom and Dad are trying to get the Free For Life HD offer, which we all understand requires either:

A) Autopay (but they want two full months in advance

or

B) $99.00 one time fee

Is there no option available that would just allow them to pay for the HD on a monthly basis without Autopay?

To me, it would seem all they had to do was activate the top tier WITH HD and pay the extra monthly fee...is that not available?

If you guys can let me know, I'll drive down there after work tomorrow and make the call myself so I'll completely understand what's going on...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:04 PM

Sounds like the order was screwed up somewhere. Have your dad or mom call, add you as authorized then get you on the phone and straighten it all out.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

spam firewall