Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Need a UI Reminder? "You are not watching live TV".

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the DIRECTV UI warn you about losing unsaved content? (166 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the DIRECTV UI warn you about losing unsaved content?

1. Yes -- that would be great (23 votes [13.86%])

Percentage of vote: 13.86%

2. No -- clicking "ok" would be irritating (140 votes [84.34%])

Percentage of vote: 84.34%

3. Huh -- I don't understand the question (3 votes [1.81%])

Percentage of vote: 1.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

TV mail annoying? How so? A little envelope shows up on a status screen, that's all.

Since realizing that the TV Mail messages are all worthless to me, the envelope doesn't bother me. Before I came to that realization, I felt the need to check the messages when the envelope appeared, thinking there might be useful or important info contained therein. The waste of my time doing that was annoying. YMMV.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,899 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

A horrible idea. No more video/audio intrusions on what I've recorded than absolutely necessary.

What's next? ....oh, yeah, for MRV we could have it pop up every few minutes and tell us what DVR we are actually using as the source. :)

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#63 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:22 PM

I would not mind ANY option to assist the general users (we are all power users here right?) navigate and keep from screwing up, AS LONG AS those options are placed on the general options screen to be able to be toggled off.

It makes no sense to deny someone a feature that would probably be easily implemented, provided its use is optional.

That said, Id agree. Add to the option list the ability to disable the screensaver, the scoreguide, the ACTIVE BUTTON...Change the default font, etc etc.

I didnt vote, since a YES vote without a disable option would be bad for me.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#64 OFFLINE   mx6bfast

mx6bfast

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach, FL

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

If someone changes the channel I just yell at them. However if it is that important to me I'll record it.

I'm sick of pop ups on the screen, from either D* or the channel I am watching.

I DO HAVE A BRAIN!!!!
Glory, Glory Man United

My setup with pictures

#65 OFFLINE   Darcaine

Darcaine

Legend

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

"Another" satellite company pops up the screen below when you try to change channels while watching from the buffer:

Posted Image
It works quite well and takes under a second and two button pushes to work.

And that's exactly why I've refused to switch to that satallite provider even though they have my local's in HD (and it looks like DTV has no plans to ever have them), they have the worst DVR hardware/software in the industry.

As an option, couldn't care less so long as it wasn't default, but having it forced upon me would be disgusting.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...