Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Building Package Changed w/o permission

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vspede

vspede

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:07 PM

So our building had the "Total Choice" package which included a lot of channels which is provided with Bulk Rates.

Since Dtv changed their programming, our package has been changed to the new "and lesser" **Choice** package.

Is there anything we can do about it? We're basically missing about 10 channels like G4, etc.

I don't understand why they didnt upgrade us to the "Choice Extra" package since its closer to the "Total Choice" package we have now.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   woodybeetle

woodybeetle

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:01 PM

So our building had the "Total Choice" package which included a lot of channels which is provided with Bulk Rates.

Since Dtv changed their programming, our package has been changed to the new "and lesser" **Choice** package.

Is there anything we can do about it? We're basically missing about 10 channels like G4, etc.

I don't understand why they didnt upgrade us to the "Choice Extra" package since its closer to the "Total Choice" package we have now.

Sorry to say, besides paying for the additional channels, you are boned. Please read your service agreement, D* reserves the right to change pricing and programming at any time. In other words, they are out for themselves and you cant fight it ir them. Sorry
Daniel D. Corum
DDCESI/Idiot Proof Television

#3 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:32 PM

Your going to need to take up the issue with your buildings system operator.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#4 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

If your building was getting that package, its probably at no cost to you or at bulk rate. You can always upgrade that package by adding on the Choice Extra option for yourself by calling Directv. :)

#5 OFFLINE   vspede

vspede

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:27 AM

The thing that sticks in my craw is that the Choice package is so much lamer than the original "total choice" package we had.

On Dtv's website, the difference between choice vs Choice Extra is $5 a month.

But since our MDU has a bulk rate "choice" if I wanted to upgrade individually its +$17 a month.

I'm a cheap guy at heart.

#6 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

The thing that sticks in my craw is that the Choice package is so much lamer than the original "total choice" package we had.

But since our MDU has a bulk rate "choice" if I wanted to upgrade individually its +$17 a month.

Sounds like your MDU is even cheaper. ;)
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#7 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

DirecTV is forcing all their MDU properties to go on the current plans. It should be only $5, not $17. Maybe your property is taking a cut.

#8 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

DirecTV is forcing all their MDU properties to go on the current plans. It should be only $5, not $17. Maybe your property is taking a cut.

Incorrect

#9 OFFLINE   hdog

hdog

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:40 AM

Our building is in Chicago as well, and using MDU as our provider. I am on our building's "cable committee," so am very interested in various MDU plans.
I'd like to know how to advise our building on what we might do to get a useful bulk plan with reasonable individual upgrades.

Based on our wiring, we are also starting to use the MFH-3 to deliver HD over our cat-3 infrastructure. It seems to have bandwidth problems delivering to
lower floors (DSLAM is on roof above 19th floor, problems with floor 5 for signal. MDU was trying to run 2 HD receivers off of one vdsl modem for that unit. They don't seem to have any bandwidth testing methods. I am wondering what quality we should expect.

#10 OFFLINE   GTS

GTS

Legend

• Registered
  • 218 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:20 PM

With the property already having the MFH3 headend installed, the plans should already have been discussed and subscribed to. Just finished installing a 500+ unit property using the MFH3 system over fiber. With everything installed correctly, there will be no difference in quality between a single family stand alone install and a multi-dwelling one.

PM me if you have any questions you'd like to discuss.

#11 OFFLINE   vspede

vspede

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

Sorry about the long absence. I was actually out of the country for a bit.

I posted another post about our situation before. ATM I'm trying to speak to other system operators for Chicago but D won't release that information to me anymore.

I'm not that technical but we currently have an MFH2 system. I'm not that saavy on the new MFH3 system or why its so great.

I do have to say we did have massive signal problems where certain floors would get pixelation or sound issues but I believe that was solved when our current Sys Op installed these boosters (?) into our closets. That actually became a problem for some unit owners b/c the signal came in too hot resulting in pixelations and that ear-shattering screech you'd get sometimes.

They fixed it by attaching what looks like a B-band converter to my HD reciever.

#12 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

well no matter what you wont get g4 direct decided to drop it.

too bad as i watch AOTS all the time, still get it on dishnet

Protected By... spam firewall...And...