Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD free terms have changed. (Check your bill)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jstutman

jstutman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

Last week, I signed up. The CSR told me I needed paperless and autopay. I agreed to have her change it.

I get the bill today and there was no credit.

A call to D* told me I was not eligible cause I have not had 90 days billing history. I have been a sub for 2 months.

I fall in the window of new (eligible)
less than 90 days (not eligible)
older than 90 days (eligible)

She said the 90 days was theoretical as after 90 days the system will not prompt them to call me a "new customer"

Edited by jstutman, 30 June 2010 - 08:51 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

So call next month and sign up when you are eligible. Then they shouldnt be able to make any excuses :)

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   jstutman

jstutman

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:58 PM

CSR nor supervisor is sure when I will be eligible.

She said the 90 days was theoretical as after 90 days the system will not prompt them to call me a "new customer"

* I am more worried about how many other people called and was told they qualify but fall under the 90 day window like me.

Promo started on June 5th, I was installed May 30th, and signed up on the 27th.

#4 OFFLINE   Blaze

Blaze

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:09 AM

CSR nor supervisor is sure when I will be eligible.

* I am more worried about how many other people called and was told they qualify but fall under the 90 day window like me.

Promo started on June 5th, I was installed May 30th, and signed up on the 27th.

Call The Customer Retention Department,Make sure you speak to them only.

Explain it them what happen.

#5 OFFLINE   betterdan

betterdan

Icon

• Registered
  • 898 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

It's not new. When I called the CSR said there were 3 requirements. You had to be a long time customer, you had to have HD (well duh, why else would I want free HD if I couldn't get it?) and you had to be signed up for auto bill pay.

#6 OFFLINE   sx2700

sx2700

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

I was hooked up on May 17th, and called in a couple weeks ago when this thread was started and was told I wasn't eligible because I haven't been a customer long enough.:confused: It doesn't really make sense that everybody is eligible except the "new customers" that missed the promo by a couple weeks. I wasn't told 90 days either, she told me that I wouldn't be considered until probably 6 months. The excuse that they don't have a payment history with me is an absurd reason, they can look at my credit report and see that I've never missed a payment on anything ever, I'd be happy to fax it to them to save $10 a month for the next 2 years.

#7 OFFLINE   mbobbyc

mbobbyc

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

New sub 6/11/10, install 6/15. I used an authorized dealer for the free hd for life. Install went well whole-home,with HR24 & H24. Please with equipment and the hd pq much better than E.
The dealer had me go online to register for rebates and to enroll in auto pay on 6/11. My bill shows $10 hd access. Called CSR, was put on hold, came back and said she was unable to help, because the FREE HD FOR LIFE was not on the work order. CSR tells me it has been turned over HIGHER OFFICE. I ask to talk to the HIGHER OFFICE, CSR replies with they will call you. I have called the 800.531.5000 several times since. I must be RED FLAGGED, because I get the same answer, it has been given to a HIGHER OFFICE. I am just asking for what was in the promotion. It's been 6 days, no phone call.

#8 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

My account was 2 months old when I called and got the discount. I did it on the first day of the promo. The must have changed the rules after that.

#9 OFFLINE   ronsanjim

ronsanjim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 417 posts
  • LocationCherokee Village, AR

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Never heard that "paperless" was ever a requirement. My Select package
($39.99) qualified, though it was reported Choice or above was also a requirement. I've noticed another "problem" though.

I called and a CSR told me if Auto Pay Bank is chosen, they would collect it 2 weeks before the due date. Yet when you signup online, the Auto Pay Bank Customer Agreement states it will be collected on the due date.

So which is correct?

#10 OFFLINE   Blaze

Blaze

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:38 AM

New sub 6/11/10, install 6/15. I used an authorized dealer for the free hd for life. Install went well whole-home,with HR24 & H24. Please with equipment and the hd pq much better than E.
The dealer had me go online to register for rebates and to enroll in auto pay on 6/11. My bill shows $10 hd access. Called CSR, was put on hold, came back and said she was unable to help, because the FREE HD FOR LIFE was not on the work order. CSR tells me it has been turned over HIGHER OFFICE. I ask to talk to the HIGHER OFFICE, CSR replies with they will call you. I have called the 800.531.5000 several times since. I must be RED FLAGGED, because I get the same answer, it has been given to a HIGHER OFFICE. I am just asking for what was in the promotion. It's been 6 days, no phone call.

Thats BS.

Post back.!!!

#11 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,161 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:40 AM

Never heard that "paperless" was ever a requirement. My Select package
($39.99) qualified, though it was reported Choice or above was also a requirement. I've noticed another "problem" though.

I called and a CSR told me if Auto Pay Bank is chosen, they would collect it 2 weeks before the due date. Yet when you signup online, the Auto Pay Bank Customer Agreement states it will be collected on the due date.

So which is correct?

if you are paying with charge card, you pay when bill comes out; checks and debit cards are paid 15 days after bill comes out. this info was given to me by a csr supervisor.

#12 OFFLINE   mmmason23

mmmason23

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:53 AM

I'm a new customer may 14. Called when this promo first came out. They told me I wasn't eligible yet. I called back two days later and requested again. That csr said the same thing. I calmly said that's bs, I'm too new and too old at the same time? She put me on hold and then gave me the credit, and it did show up on my bill this month. So call back

#13 OFFLINE   compnurd

compnurd

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,133 posts
  • LocationEvans City PA

Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:13 AM

Last week, I signed up. The CSR told me I needed paperless and autopay. I agreed to have her change it.

I get the bill today and there was no credit.

A call to D* told me I was not eligible cause I have not had 90 days billing history. I have been a sub for 2 months.

I fall in the window of new (eligible)
less than 90 days (not eligible)
older than 90 days (eligible)

Did you get a credit last week? Usually the date will stay the same,

I.E I got the free HD on the 15th last month and got the credit then, i just got my bill but no credit on it for next month, I would not expect though to see the credit till the 15th again this month, which will put me 10 dollars lower going into the next bill

SWM-16
HR44
2-C-41
HR24
2-H25

#14 OFFLINE   mbobbyc

mbobbyc

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

Thats BS.

Post back.!!!

I was notified by e-mail from the "HIGHER OFFICE" that gave $10.83 credit for my last bill. They said please look at your recent activity. Sure enough FREE HD ACC4LIFE. They apologized, said it was an overseen logging error on 6/11/10. Everything good now and glad to be D sub.
Still don't know what the HIGHER OFFICE is.

#15 OFFLINE   mbobbyc

mbobbyc

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:55 PM

Just got the phone call from the HIGHER OFFICE, advising of my free hd. THE HIGHER OFFICE is the Customer Adocate Team.

spam firewall