Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
DBSTalk app for iPhone and iPad released!
Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:30 PM
- Slimline-3 SWiM 16,
- DirecTV HR44-700
- Panasonic 55" TC-P55GT50 plasma HDMI/ DECA, CAT6, OTA
- Nintendo Wii,
- Panasonic DMP-BDT220 Blu-Ray, CAT6
- Pioneer VSX-1120 7.1 CAT6,
- Cambridge Sound Works Ensemble 1 - front, S300 - surround back, Center Stage - center, Polk RM7 - surround side, and Bass Cube 8
- DirecTV HR24-500
- Vizio 37" SV370XVT LCD HDMI/DECA, CAT6 - can I just take a moment to say how awesome this TV is
- Sony BDP-BX3B Blu-Ray, CAT6
- Samsung 52" LNT5271 FX LCD HDMI/DECA, CAT 6, OTA
- Sony PS3,
- Denon AVR 2108, KEF C40
- Vizio 42" E3D420 VX LCD HDMI/DECA, CAT 6, OTA
- Linksys EA4500 802.11N Gigabit router
- 2 - D-Link DGS-1008G Gigabit switches
- DirecTV Home Cinema Connection
- DirecTV GenieGo
- ISP: Verizon FiOs Quantum 50/35
- Dell Studio 540 Quad Core Q8200 64 Bit, Cat6
- 64 bit Windows 8 Home Premium w/ Windows Media Center, 8 gigs RAM, PlayOn
- HP DV6-1243CLB Core 2 Duo T6600, 802.11N
- 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium, 4 gigs RAM
- Compaq Presario SR1650NX AMD 64, Cat6
- 64 bit Windows 8 Home Premium w/ Windows Media Center, 6 gigs RAM
- Apple Mac Mini Intel processor, 802.11N
- Snow Leopard, 2 gigs RAM
- iPhone 5S
- iPad 2
- Both iOS 8.1
Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:46 PM
People still use BlackBerrys? Aren't they like "Betamax" of smart phones these days?
I just can't type on the screen as fast as I can on a blackberry keypad....I do use my iPhone when I want to look something quick up while in bed....this app is nice though, posting from it right now!
DirecTV Subscriber Since 11/2008
Choice Ultimate - HD Extra - RZC
(1) HR22-100 (Owned)
(1) HR21-100 (Owned)
Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:56 PM
Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:26 PM
Not wanting to drive it away from the main subject, but I'm primarily referring to Blackberry connecting to Exchange Outlook and a BES. The stock iPhone software can't really come close to it. As a primarily consumer device, the iPhone is great.
My iphone is syncing pretty phenominally with two different corporate exchange servers. I'm not sure what it's not coming close to.
back to topic, love the new App, thanks!
Samsung HLT-5689S | Oppo DV-981HD | Denon AVR-4306 | QNAP TS-219P NAS and Media Server
Proud supporter of the HR20 Wish List Survey
Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:17 PM
Droid us up!
Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:02 AM
Droid us up!
I'll second that!:grin:
Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:03 AM
Does "restricted to over 17" mean we get too childish?
And signing up for Push had grammar error.
Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:29 AM
App developers seem to forget that Android is a much faster growing platform (as its devices are on every carrier, not just *ONE subpar carrier*)
Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:40 AM
Not neglected ... An Android app is in progress.
Again, I'm offended myself that us Android (and other non-Iphone users) are neglected.
Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:42 AM
Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:23 AM
Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:42 AM
Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:46 PM
Posted 02 July 2010 - 07:59 PM
Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:50 PM
Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:18 PM
Just realized my "ignores" via browser are not ignored within the App. Looking forward to next version.
Who gets suggestions for tweaks?
Posted 03 July 2010 - 12:07 AM
Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:50 AM
I have the same question. I always hit the New Posts button as soon as I open the site. <g>
Working great on the Ipad. Is there an easy way to just see the new posts for the entire site, or have I just not found it yet?
Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:45 AM
One issue (unless operator error): I click on "Mark all messages read" on the iPad but when I log on here with my computer and click on "New Posts", I'm still seeing the messages that I previously read and marked as read from the iPad.