Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DBSTalk app for iPhone and iPad released!

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   Matt L

Matt L

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

Don't know if anyone is reading this forum, it's not been updated for a while, but I'll ask here first.

Just got a shiny new Ipad 2 tonight and loaded up the DBS app. However it will not let me log in. I use the same info as I use here but keep getting email address in use and enter the correct password messages, any idea why?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#142 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

Don't know if anyone is reading this forum, it's not been updated for a while, but I'll ask here first.

Just got a shiny new Ipad 2 tonight and loaded up the DBS app. However it will not let me log in. I use the same info as I use here but keep getting email address in use and enter the correct password messages, any idea why?

Assuming you've checked the obvious (like upper/lower case and having the correct password)... are you sure you are logged out of DBSTalk from your computer before trying to use the iPad app?

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#143 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,102 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

You do not need to be logged out of the site to use the app...but you mentioned email address and that is not even used to log in. It should be just your user name and password. Both case sensitive.

So it sounds like you are for some reason trying to REGISTER and you are already registered. Just use your same login details.

Hope this helps based on what you mentioned in your post about email already in use.

#144 OFFLINE   Matt L

Matt L

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:12 AM

Thanks--- for some. Reason I kept ending up on the registration page rather than log in page. I guess after decades of window use I'll need to relearn a few things with the iPad-- that's one of the reasons I bought one.

#145 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,594 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

I learned something new too. I always made sure I was logged out from my browser before using the app. Didn't know that it would be ok either way.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#146 OFFLINE   tonyd0308

tonyd0308

AllStar

• DBSTalk Club
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:26 PM

I've recently ( last few weeks ) had the app close itself when trying to join the chat session. Used to work fine. Not sure if an iOS update or an app update clobbered it. Anyone else having that issue? iPad 2 if it matters... I tried rebooting the iPad, btw.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...