Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ViP622/ViP722 - L6.29 Software Experiences/Bugs Discuss

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Rick_R

Rick_R

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:58 PM

Yup. Had #1 a lot, but lately it has subsided. #2, I have never lost a whole recording once I go in and "play" with it. Which means backing out of the recording, go back to it and then it plays like nothing ever happened. I do get the missing portions pop up, especially on clear days/nights where you have no interference. That makes no sense.

I have had recordings freeze but if you get out and start again all is well. However in this latest problem if you get out and start again, when you get to the same exact spot in the recording it screws up. It will freeze up at the exact same spot and then go blank at the identical time later.

Rick R

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

I selected the guide and it brought up the guide. When I selected a satellite channel it told me it would stop the recording! There were no satellite tuners in use. I have a 622 BTW.

I have had it happen with no recordings happening. The first thing I do is check to see what is recording and I hardly ever have all tuners occupied. When I see that one or at times nothing is recording and the rec light will be lit, I know there's an undeniable problem. In that case the only way to get out of it is to "Crash" Power Cycle the machine. I have waited until whatever it thinks it's recording has "stopped" and try to move on and it still won't let me. "Crashing" has been the only way to get out of it. Most of the time it's a Sat tuner and with the heavy rotation of the programming to the Sat channels, it's easy to find a repeat. OF WHICH a couple of times to my surprise and delight, the DVR finds it on its own and takes care of it. Other times it just starts recording again after it comes back up. But then I don't have the "Tuner Lock" issues, but do have a chopped program or nothing.

#83 OFFLINE   bnborg

bnborg

Icon

• Registered
  • 616 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

I have found that if you go to "My Recordings" by clicking twice on the DVR button, you are able to switch from viewing the OTA recording in progress to a satellite recording in progress. Try it!
Dish Network VIP722k - Gold 250 + HD/Platinum
110,119, and 129 on Dish 1000.2
Dynex (BestBuy) 42" HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR303 Receiver

#84 OFFLINE   thomasjk

thomasjk

Legend

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:28 AM

I don't see the issue with OTA recordings at all. Last night I was recording Big Brother and watching it at the same time OTA. At the end of Big brother while the recording was still in progress my scheduled recording of Burn notice began on sat tuner 1 and Rookie Blue on sat tuner 2. I had all three tuners in use at the same time and was able to switch to Burn Notice with out any warning that the live OTA recording would be stopped. I run in Dual Mode perhaps that makes a difference.

#85 OFFLINE   HDlover

HDlover

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

I have- one of the Sat tuners goes to audio but no picture. Swapping to other tuner is fine. Have to reboot to fix the one tuner. Hope they fix these bugs soon.

#86 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 543 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 11:51 PM

I have- one of the Sat tuners goes to audio but no picture. Swapping to other tuner is fine. Have to reboot to fix the one tuner. Hope they fix these bugs soon.

Yup. Had that one too. Power Cycle is the only way to get out of it. This is getting old. Great hardware, crappy software. Charlie! Just buy TiVo already!!!!!

#87 OFFLINE   fwampler

fwampler

Legend

• Registered
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:58 AM

Yesterday a telephone call locked my vip622 the instant the caller id attempted to display on the screen. It took a warm reboot to fix it. This is the first time this has happened. Anybody else seeing this?
Fred

#88 OFFLINE   sliderbob

sliderbob

Legend

• Registered
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

DELETE

Edited by sliderbob, 08 December 2011 - 11:26 AM.

#89 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 991 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

I had a first time bug with my 722 last night. After watching a DVR recording of Hell on Wheels, I went to watch a second recording and got an error 15 indicating that the receiver had lost all Satellite signals. I went to another receiver and it was working fine. Tried several reboots but still got the same error with no ability to watch DVR or anything else. Receiver would not respond to the remote and if I pressed and held the front panel power button it would start to boot up but then shut down with no image on the screen. I left the system plugged in and this morning everything working as normal. Hope this is not a recurring problem.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

spam firewall