Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Don Coryell : 1924-2010

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,410 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 01 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

From nfl.com:

Don Coryell,the innovative coach whose Air Coryell offense produced some of the most dynamic passing attacks in the NFL died today at age 85.

Coryell is one of the founding fathers of the modern passing game in football. His coaching resume includes work with NCAA and NFL teams. He coached the San Diego State Aztecs from 1961 to 1972.

His NFL coaching career includes:
St. Louis Cardinals 1973-1975
San Diego Chargers 1978-1986

No cause of death has been released,but he had been in poor health for some time.

More info on his career can be viewed at the following link.

http://www.nfl.com/n...yell-dead-at-85

R.I.P. Mr. Coryell.

Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,626 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:02 PM

While I have never resided in cities where he coached, I am quite familiar with his work.

He was, in particular, an offense mastermind...and often featured an aggressive scoring attack mindset in his teams. Seem well-liked by his players too.

RIP.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#3 OFFLINE   lokar

lokar

Icon

• Registered
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

Terrible news, he made me a fan of the Chargers when I was a kid since Chargers games were always more exciting than anyone else's. R.I.P. Don

spam firewall