Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

I Got My HR-24-500!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CraigerCSM_*

Guest_CraigerCSM_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

I was going to wait and get it when Overstock got theirs in but with free shipping from Amazon.com it was just $5 more. The guide and channel changing are fast except if you do one channel change at a time using the up and down arrows. Does anyone think DirecTV will do a PIP channel change like ATT Uverse has? Picture and Audio seems better. I wonder if that will ever improve? I also like the size of the HR-24, its small and sleek looking.

I have one question I programmed my remote for my Sony HDTV it will do everything except change video inputs. Is their a way to do that. I like that updated programing the remote with showing the TV's model number.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

Yes, there is a way to get the TV Input button to work using an extra set of set up steps. Unfortunately, I can't remember the steps nor can I find it right now.

I hope the resident remote guru, Edmund, will check in. :)

Found it here.
http://www.dbstalk.c...593#post2517593
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 Guest_CraigerCSM_*

Guest_CraigerCSM_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

Yes, there is a way to get the TV Input button to work using an extra set of set up steps. Unfortunately, I can't remember the steps nor can I find it right now.

I hope the resident remote guru, Edmund, will check in. :)

Found it here.
http://www.dbstalk.c...593#post2517593

Thanks, I'll try that.

#4 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

If you have any problem with caller ID, as I did, I seem to have fixed it with a menu restart. For what it's worth.

#5 OFFLINE   dtvmike1652

dtvmike1652

AllStar

• Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

if remote is programed to the television all ready just follow the same steps and when time to enter the code enter 960 that should operate the inputs

spam firewall