Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Problem after power outage

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BruceS

BruceS

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

I had a power outage this week which laster over an hour which was longer than my UPS's could handle so each of my boxes re-booted after the power came back on.

After they came back up, the shows on the HR24-500 still showed in the list on the HR24-100, but when I tried to play one of them, it lost the connection and they dis-appeared from the list.

I re-booted the HR24-500 and everything worked fine again, but I thought I should mention it anyway in case DTV wants to test those conditions.

The average user probably wouldn't think about re-booting the box.

By the way, all the boxes were on the NR and are connected over SWM and DECA.
Hitachi P60X901 HDTV
HR21-200, HR20-700, HR24-500, HR44-500
Tivo S3, Tivo Premiere HDXL
Sony BDP-CX960 Blu Ray Player
Sony DVP-CX995V DVD Player
Marantz SR7001 A/V Receiver

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

Did you reset the SWM and DECA PIs?
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   gsslug

gsslug

Legend

• Registered
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 07:18 PM

Old axiom. When in doubt reboot.:) I had been watching a recorded show from another DVR and I paused it to watch a DVD. When I came back to it and tried to play it I lost it and the list no longer showed programs from the other DVR. DTV said reboot both which I did. On one DVR I saw all recordings from both DVRs. On the other only the local recordings showed up so I rebooted that one again and both DVRs were working again.

#4 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:18 AM

If there is such a power outage....the entire "system" resets, including the HD DVRs, HD receivers, SWiM, and DECA units.

The SWiM needs to be reset first, and typically does so, as its reset takes less time. That said, if it is not reset by the time the HD DVRs, etc. seek the SWiM connection....hiccups may occur. In that case, only the HD DVR/receiver will require a reboot.

Edited by hdtvfan0001, 04 July 2010 - 11:32 AM.

DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#5 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:30 AM

I had a power outage this week which laster over an hour which was longer than my UPS's could handle so each of my boxes re-booted after the power came back on.

After they came back up, the shows on the HR24-500 still showed in the list on the HR24-100, but when I tried to play one of them, it lost the connection and they dis-appeared from the list.

I re-booted the HR24-500 and everything worked fine again, but I thought I should mention it anyway in case DTV wants to test those conditions.

The average user probably wouldn't think about re-booting the box.

By the way, all the boxes were on the NR and are connected over SWM and DECA.

I would do a complete reset of the system. Pull all power plugs from all receivers, SWiM and DECA. Power up SWiM and wait a minute or two. Reset your internet router. Power up internet DECA .Power up each box, one at a time, waiting until the previous box is fully fucntional before going to the next one. This should get everything back to normal.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...