Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HR24-500 (no MRV) won't connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mfdavis1

mfdavis1

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:43 AM

It's been said before, the DECA networking runs so smooth, virtually flawless, that I would recommend it over a wired network. BTW, I do computer networking, so my comment as well as all the other techies on the board have real experience behind it.

Agreed, but it seemed silly to pay $150 for the set up while I was already wired for ethernet. I'm starting to rethink my decision.

#22 OFFLINE   Tony Chick

Tony Chick

Legend

• Registered
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:30 AM

His DHCP was running. I use Verizon modem/routers too. Lookee

Posted Image

Posted Image

That DHCP setting is for a virtual adapter, not the physical ethernet adapter. That one is at the top of the screen and is set to Yes.

Your DNS servers point at the router 192.200.1.1 so you probably have DNS Relay on. My HR20 Network services wouldn't run until I turned that off and got the actual DNS server IP addresses. Look for something in the router related to DNS Relay and turn it off.

HR21-100
HR20-100
Gigabit wired + Wireless-N network w/ Asus N56 Router

5lnb dish (internal switch) + OTA

#23 OFFLINE   mfdavis1

mfdavis1

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:19 PM

I too am having similar issues and have search the forums for some answers. Frankly I think I'm too much of a novice to understand what I'm doing wrong. I have 24-100 receivers that I am trying to connect directly into my 2Wire router. I have set up the addresses and beleive I have all of the right settings. I am able to see the network from my receiver but not able to connect to the internet (error message 22). Any thoughts and or tips would be helpful.

1 HR23-700
3 HD24-100
2wire Router/modem

also connected to router wireless is
Roku
2 iphones

FIXED IT! Yea! All I did was plug the ethernet cord in and rebooted the receivers. Works like a champ now. Thanks for all the leads and suggestions. I hope my screw up helps others with simular issues

spam firewall