Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR24-500 and Slingbox Classic

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Skizza

Skizza

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

Ok, tried to connect using component and composite, still same problem, so as suspected it has nothing to do with HDMI connection.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,828 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

Ok, Follow up....there is only one audio out on the HR24 so how can I connect it via S-video to Slingbox and via component cables to TV and have sound on both?

Posted Image
Posted Image

There's only one Analog audio out, there are 2 digital audio outputs.

You can use component with one of the opticals. Or, if you must use Analog for both, split the analog output.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#23 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

Ok, tried to connect using component and composite, still same problem, so as suspected it has nothing to do with HDMI connection.

Oh, ouch. That has me worried. I come to the conclusion that its a Sling Classic issue? If so, would a Sling Solo or Sling Pro be in your near future for a purchase?

I think it has to be something on the Sling side of things really. But I am hoping I am wrong, for your benefit so you don't have to buy a new one.
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

#24 OFFLINE   Kash76

Kash76

Legend

• Registered
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

Has anyone confirmed that the Svid and analog audio outputs turn off when using HDMI?? I am looking to upgrade from an HR20 to an HR24 with my sling classic as well.

Kash76
--
HR44-500 --> Panasonic Plasma 50" via HDMI

C41-700 --> Panasonic Plasma 42" via HDMI

H25 --> HDMI split to Vizio 24" 720p & Vizio 24" 1080p 

#25 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

The S-Video and analog audio outputs stay on even if you're using HDMI.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#26 OFFLINE   Wisegoat

Wisegoat

Icon

• Registered
  • 803 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:55 PM

There's only one Analog audio out, there are 2 digital audio outputs.

You can use component with one of the opticals. Or, if you must use Analog for both, split the analog output.

Go to Radio Shack and buy 2 Y adapters for the audio outputs. Split your 1 audio out in to 2. I have this setup here in my office. Svideo/RCA Audio 1 to TV, RCA Video 1/RCA Audio 2 with Y adapter to Slingbox and RCA Video 2/RCA Audio 2 with Y adapter to ChannelPlus channel modulator. Works without a hitch.

#27 OFFLINE   Yog-Sothoth

Yog-Sothoth

Legend

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:25 AM

Go to Radio Shack and buy 2 Y adapters for the audio outputs. Split your 1 audio out in to 2. I have this setup here in my office. Svideo/RCA Audio 1 to TV, RCA Video 1/RCA Audio 2 with Y adapter to Slingbox and RCA Video 2/RCA Audio 2 with Y adapter to ChannelPlus channel modulator. Works without a hitch.

I was going to use splitters for audio and video with my H24-700 and Slingbox A/V... I happened to find a four-way component/composite video distribution amp on clearance at RadioShack for $18.97; I can give you the SKU if you're interested.
HR21-700 | HR23-700 (2) | H24-700
DECA MRV setup, including one module connected to a WAP/switch (for PS3 and Xbox 360) and another connected directly to a Slingbox

#28 OFFLINE   MurrayW

MurrayW

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:23 PM

Why is there a need to split the audio cables? Plug the L-R audio cables from your HR24 into the Slingbox Audio In then connect the cable from the Slingbox Audio Out to your TV. The Slingbox is specifically designed to pass through the signal so you can use devices without multiple outputs.

#29 OFFLINE   DB8858

DB8858

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:22 AM

Is the one DTV box all you have? I have my Slingbox Classic hooked up to a second DTV box that is rarely used for watching TV locally. I used to have mine on the HD box with no problems.

Also, when trying to run the Slingbox off your HD DTV box via S-video or composite, have you selected the correct input (on menu: Connect, Video Input) on the Slingbox?

#30 OFFLINE   Brett Stadler

Brett Stadler

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:18 PM

I may have scanned thru this thread and missed it but my guess is the MPAA is a pain in the *** and the government just plays along because they don't have a clue. Those that steal and boot leg will still figure out a way to do it but we can't simply "record" a movie for future viewing. Anyway, I've read that certain programmers and early releases they can shut off the analog outputs because they are not encrypted. It's complicated and It's all BS. Here's a link to get you started on what the deal may be...

engadget.com/2010/05/07/fcc-will-let-the-mpaa-disable-analog-outputs-kinda/

#31 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,913 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:09 PM

Anyway, I've read that certain programmers and early releases they can shut off the analog outputs because they are not encrypted.

I believe they can turn off the component video (which is analog) HD output, but they do not turn of the composite video or s-video outputs (also analog) SD outputs.

#32 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:39 AM

Guy(s), although you're all trying to be helpful, but are going in the wrong direction as far as solving the problem.

I have plenty of experience with sling media's lineup (both discontinued and current models).

The HR24 as with all directv HRx series models have ALL video and audio outputs active simultaneously. This is not the case with many other companies equipment such as some cable box companies dvrs as expressed and seen all over the net....

Here's the actual potential causes of the issue at hand and the way to get it up and and runing.

1. Make sure you have the latest slingplayer app release installed on your computer. Do NOT use the online setup configuration as some people are having problems with being kicked back to the origional screen after entering their admin password. Install slingplayer descktop for pc or mac (depending on your computer) and run the setup wizard from within the app itself.
*Make sure your slingbox is runing the latest firmware released for it (in this case before it was discontinued.

2. In this case run HDMI out from the HR24 to the TV, then composite video and audio out from the HR214 to the slingbox. Make sure to indicate this connection type during the video setup/configuration wizard in step 1 above).

FYI;
The online version of setup is a good idea, the actual implementation is flawed at this point on most platforms; thus causing issues for many.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...