Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Daytona "Coke Zero" 400 in 3DTV

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

Anyone watching/watched it on the N3D channel, thoughts?

I think this would have to be one of the first 3D NASCAR races in 3D and boy it looked like it!

Disclaimer: First and foremost, I did not buy this TV for the 3D. I bought this tv for the great quality it had/has and I love it. 3D was a bonus. It's sad I have to say that but I feel I need to because 3D seems to rub people a weird way.

To be honest with you I would have to say there is nothing special here. There is MAYBE 8 3D cameras there and we all know with NASCAR, the more cameras the better. The only good shots were taken of the pit row. Those were the only shots that were "neat" enough to take advantage of the 3D aspects of things.

Otherwise the shots of the straight-aways and turns were focused way out and did not even remotely take advantage of 3D in the slightest.

If the MLB All-Star game and Home Run Derby are no different, 3D won't make it mainstream.

Do I care if it does, no not really. I think 3D is ok. It is no game changer as of yet.

These are my thoughts and my thoughts alone, take them with a grain of salt and that's my $.02 cuz that's all it's worth :)

Your thoughts?
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16
HR34-700 -->52" Sharp Aquos LED
H25-100 -->32" Philips Master BD
HR21-100 -->19" Vizio LED Kitchen,
HR24-500 --> 50" Panasonic DLP
Hockey is not a sport in Minnesota, it is life.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

Actually as I am watching. There is a front straight away shot they have and the fence in front of the fans, is more distracting because it's "in front and out there" compared to the racing field. They need to zoom in on the field, more cameras.

Oh and I didn't mention there is no graphics during the race to see the current positions of the racers. That's a fail.
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16

#3 OFFLINE   webby_s

webby_s

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:46 PM

Funny, I guess I was, seriously, the only ONE watching it in 3D (be it only for an hour or less) last night!:lol: :eek2:
SlimLine 5LNB SWM 16

#4 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

Don't have a 3D TV here... but I did watch the end of the race.... that was a crazy finish.
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,089 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

Don't have a 3D TV here... but I did watch the end of the race.... that was a crazy finish.

Any finish that doesnt include the 48 is a good finish :)

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#6 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

Any finish that doesnt include the 48 is a good finish :)

:up::up::up:

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

spam firewall